• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Wheeling tunes?

Bluegrass and Country.... Yay XM

OEM radio/tape player no worky. No CD player. No IPOD. No working speakers. Hell, no dash lights, except the instrument cluster (thank God). I get to enjoy the beautiful tunes of the latest in 'cracked manifold'

^^^ Exactly the reason i always listen to music loud. I hate 'cracked manifold' hahaha

Johnny Cash, Jimmy Buffet, classic rock, country....

Sometimes. I don't have any musics so I can truly enjoy the ride.....

I listen to my CB and my exhaust. I dont have one of them fancy music players.:)

rpraterxj said:
Johnny Cash, Jimmy Buffet, classic rock, country....

Sometimes. I don't have any musics so I can truly enjoy the ride.....

You have some good music taste

swbooking said:
I think the controls are very easy and it functions great and yeah does look good.
FWIW, my first gen's battery did take a dump but that was after having it for like 3 or so years and my ipod video is still going strong after about a year and a half and i use it pretty much everyday.

but to each his own...

Different strokes...

I've got a Chocolate Phone right now and I hate it too. I have no love for soft touch controls.

Im a Vicente Fernandez guy and when I want to go hard core, Boy George "Do you really want to hurt Me" Goes in

You all know you want to sing it come on !!!!

Give me time
To realise my crime
Let me love and steal
I have danced inside your eyes
How can I be real

Do you really want to hurt me
Do you really want to make me cry
Precious kisses
Words that burn me
Lovers never ask you why
In my heart the fires burning
Choose my colour
Find a star
Precious people always tell me
That's a step
A step too far

Ahhh Sh-t!!!!

Last edited:
djblade311 said:
Grimm, I have an Alpine and I bought an AiNET cable to stereo RCAs really cheap on amazon. Most stereo shops wanted $99 bucks vs $19 on Amazon.
i have the rca input cable, that's how i run the ps2 and the mixer output from the turntable setup through the head unit, through an audio switchbox... what i need is the ipod control cable, so i can control the ipod from the head unit. i know they are out there, and are cheap, im just lazy :D

Depends on where I am.
Azusa Canyon:
Jay-Z
Lloyd Banks
Kool Keith
Dropkick Murphys
The Vandals(Peace Thru Vandalism) only
OLD Tiger Army
Mad Sin
Polecats
Rev. Horton Heat
Any old psychobilly

Cleghorn:
The CB

Skyline:
Jack Johnson
The Ataris
Any "girlfriend punk"
(but only because the only reason I'll hit Skyline is with the ladies)......

I like to listen to bury your dead, as I lay dying, norma jean, terror, walls of jericho, bloodlined caligraphy, cannibal corpse, underoath, and evergreen terrace when I go wheeling...i know I know I have a crappy taste in music...but I like it

IslanderOffRoad said:
I just don't like apple products. Hey lets make it look pretty, THEN worry about function.

They're overpriced, they control setup sucks, and everyone I know is on their 2nd or 3rd one, not because they upgraded, but because their other one stopped holding a charge and apple woudln't cover it.

have to point out that you and everyone you know are throwing money away...

if you would read the reading materials that come with an ipod(RTFM, btw), youd figure out that plugging your ipod in every night, regardless of if it needs it, will kill the battery quick...

however, have you ever thought about replacing the battery?
im on my 2nd battery on my ipod mini,
so if you figure ive replaced one battery, in 4 years of CONSTANT use is too much... wow....

get outta the iceage grandpa

tcm glx said:
Linkin Park....preferably with Jay Z

Linkin Park = :looser::puke:

their sound is ok but their lyrics are just outright retarded

Leep said:
What is a radio. My XJ dont have one. I need to get one. Where can I get a good deal on a head unit and some good speakers.
Junkyard. Got my Sony CD player from an early 90's Ford F-350 for $20. Sure, its pre-detachable faceplate, and it doesn't quite fit, and I had to cut and splice my wiring harness to fit...but it was cheap and that's precisely what I could fit after mine was stolen
daedalus454 said:
Or you can buy stolen stereos off Craigslist really cheap.
Hey if you see mine on there buy it back for me:D Its a less than a year old JVC...with the USB on the front ;)

Back