• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

wheel help

frankrizzo

NAXJA Forum User
ok i know this has probably been discussed before but i need to find out before i make my purchase in a few hours. i have a 99 xj 4x4 with factory 15x7 wheels and 225 75 tires. i am looking to buy a set of black rock 997s. my question is what backspacing should i get so that the wheels/tires actually stick out about a 1/2 more on each side? should i just get the 15x8s or can i get the 15x7s with what backspacing? im also going to keep my current tires for now but in the future might go with 30x9.5. i dont want to run any wheel spacers. thanks

IIRC the factory rim backspacing is 5.25".....
While you think you wont be running tires larger than 30x9.50; just plan for the future and purchase the 15x8 rims.... with 4.5" backspacing.
This way you can run tires all the way up to 35" before you need to find wider rims.....

I have 15x8 with 4 " backspacing and 33x10.50 ,the edge of the tire sticks about 2 1/2" past the factory flare. Wheel is about 1" or so outside the flare.

Back