• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Whats The Deal Folks?

Kittrell

NAXJA Member
NAXJA Member
This is for my own curiosity. I do not mean to come of as harsh. As I know economic concerns, as well as life in general are very prevalent within our ranks. But we have 79 active members in this chapter, this not counting our active users. And we can't get more than 20 people to show up at the same place and time, ever. Are we doing something wrong here? Do we need to restructure how our events and get togethers are run? What do you guys think?

I was certainly trying to get out with folks last summer/fall as much as I could. I still got out 4-5 times on top of my wedding and 2 week honeymoon. I've taken up some house projects this winter which I don't even have the time I need for.

Come this summer, I plan on joining you all more.

Maybe it is just me and the fact that I have not been a member for too long. But other than the meet n greet down in Caste Rock and the day down at Eagle Rock I have not seen any big events that would include the majority of the chapter. :dunno:Correct me if I am wrong.

Maybe it is just me and the fact that I have not been a member for too long. But other than the meet n greet down in Caste Rock and the day down at Eagle Rock I have not seen any big events that would include the majority of the chapter. :dunno:Correct me if I am wrong.

ColoradoFest. Every year, thats the "big event". We also always have a shakedown run, usually the first week of April, at Chinamans.

ColoradoFest. Every year, thats the "big event". We also always have a shakedown run, usually the first week of April, at Chinamans.

ColoradoFest was before I joined this year so I completley forgot about that one. I will be joining it this year if all is good with the heep! Knock on wood!:wierd: So if I am hearing you correctly you are saying that because not that many people show up for 3-5 runs/ meetings you think that we need to change something to involve more people? I think that the dates of certain things just interfer with other important events and if we had more runs spread out thru the year we would have a better turn out. Just my opinion.

ColoradoFest was before I joined this year so I completley forgot about that one. I will be joining it this year if all is good with the heep! Knock on wood!:wierd: So if I am hearing you correctly you are saying that because not that many people show up for 3-5 runs/ meetings you think that we need to change something to involve more people? I think that the dates of certain things just interfer with other important events and if we had more runs spread out thru the year we would have a better turn out. Just my opinion.

Each Chapter holds one Nationally sanctioned event each year. Ours is held at the end of July. So it's still summer, no ones kids are in school. There really isn't a better date for our main event to be held.

Each Chapter holds one Nationally sanctioned event each year. Ours is held at the end of July. So it's still summer, no ones kids are in school. There really isn't a better date for our main event to be held.

I am not saying that it is a bad date. All I am saying is, that is only one event. One, that covers many months of good wheeling dates.

I am not saying that it is a bad date. All I am saying is, that is only one event. One, that covers many months of good wheeling dates.

The big question really is that main event. But I wanted to broaden the spectrum to see what people are thinking. Because we have low attendance no matter what. One event is all that National will sanction every year. So we can have all of the informal trails runs you want, but that is not the issue.

This is for my own curiosity. I do not mean to come of as harsh. As I know economic concerns, as well as life in general are very prevalent within our ranks. But we have 79 active members in this chapter, this not counting our active users. And we can't get more than 20 people to show up at the same place and time, ever. Are we doing something wrong here? Do we need to restructure how our events and get togethers are run? What do you guys think?

The big question really is that main event. But I wanted to broaden the spectrum to see what people are thinking. Because we have low attendance no matter what. One event is all that National will sanction every year. So we can have all of the informal trails runs you want, but that is not the issue.

Is the issue just ColoradoFest if so, I think your original post was a little misleading.

Actually 20 / 79 is a really good attendance level.

The sportscar club has 1000 plus members in the Denver area and north, and another 300 odd members from Castle Rock south, yet getting 100 to attend an event is a really big deal.

The BMW club has over 1000 members in CO, and their biggest events of the year, the driving school, might draw 150 members.

I'd suggest making an emphasis on the CO Fest, and trying to improve attendance from CO members. Seemed to be the same crowd year after year, when I attended.

HTH, just MHO

Actually 20 / 79 is a really good attendance level.

The sportscar club has 1000 plus members in the Denver area and north, and another 300 odd members from Castle Rock south, yet getting 100 to attend an event is a really big deal.

The BMW club has over 1000 members in CO, and their biggest events of the year, the driving school, might draw 150 members.

I'd suggest making an emphasis on the CO Fest, and trying to improve attendance from CO members. Seemed to be the same crowd year after year, when I attended.

HTH, just MHO

Grant! When do we get to see you at a ColoradoFest again! :D

Grant! When do we get to see you at a ColoradoFest again! :D

well the last time I showed up, I had to do so in a Land Rover, and Led hurt my feelings. :rattle:

Almost (well only a few thousand $$$ away) finished with the LS6 powered buggy, so I may even have a rig again in the next few months.

But there is a new racetrack opening in Colorado this year, www.highplainsraceway.com

and I will be spending most weekends, and all my spare change (10 x entry fees @ $350 each) there this year. Carol intends getting her road race licence, so the racing budget will need to double this year.

Closest I will get to rockcrawling in 2009, will be attending KOH in a few weeks time.

Grant

Most "clubs" have a schedule set by officers at the beginning of each "season". Let's face it some of wheel in the Winter, others in the Summer, and some of you never wheel. :)

I think we would get attendance if 4-5 major events were planned at the end of the Winter season. These dates would be hard and fast. Doing this would allow for sufficient planning around the other things we have in our lives.

With that said these events don't have to be planned with giveaways, sponsers, etc.

Some Examples...

1) "Come-On-Spring" Meet and Greet (March)
2) Wrench Fest (April)
3) Family Camping Event (Easy Trails - some how-to-wheel stuff)
4) CO-Fest (promote the crap out of it. Heck charge a fee, get a shirt, meal, etc, band/party night. Invite other people, other kinds of Jeeps(CO4x4 etc). Maybe look at it as a fund raiser for NAXJA-CO)
5) Water Trip. We all go and play at a lake for the weekend (fishing, boating, wheeling)

Another idea is to INFORMALLY divide NAXJA-CO into three area (South)(Metro)(North). Patrols I guess. Then people become closer with the people that live around them. Wheeling trips by Patrol sponsorship, etc. If this idea works just have NAXJA set up Subject prefixes in the forum.

uh... I gotta loose 15lbs first.
tier51.gif
-oink

I just became a member about a month ago. I live North of Denver, are there any events that take place up North? Hard for me to drive to South Denver for a meet and greet. I am interested in Colorado fest, where does it take place?

I just became a member about a month ago. I live North of Denver, are there any events that take place up North? Hard for me to drive to South Denver for a meet and greet. I am interested in Colorado fest, where does it take place?

That mentality won't get you to too many events with this group of guys. We have a very good number of members in the Springs who seem to always make a good showing for the Denver events. Though not many of the Denver people ever make it to their events. ColoradoFest is held in Buena Vista, about 3 hours for Denver. We have members spread all over the state. So we have get togethers everywhere. The last one we had was maybe a month ago? Down in Castle Rock.

That mentality won't get you to too many events with this group of guys. We have a very good number of members in the Springs who seem to always make a good showing for the Denver events. Though not many of the Denver people ever make it to their events. ColoradoFest is held in Buena Vista, about 3 hours for Denver. We have members spread all over the state. So we have get togethers everywhere. The last one we had was maybe a month ago? Down in Castle Rock.
I did not say I would not attend a event in Denver, I said it was hard for me to do, I work about 13 hours a day and have a wife and 3 kids to spend time with, I was asking if any events are held in Norhtern Colorado.

Back