• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

what's on your johnson valley to do list.....

Rawbrown said:
Got my new PSC power steering box and pump in today. Definatly better power for turning. itll do the job. Oddly enough twice allready on the freeway I lost power steering. Then it would come back a minute later. not sure, hoping its just bubbles or something trying to bleed air out. But it works so I'l watch it this week.
Gotta pull both cat's and put it a straight pipe for now. They are getting so hot that the floor is smoking on the passenger side. Maybe do some rocklights like everybody else. if I have time.
Check all fluids and top off.
Go through my tools and setup one bag for the trail a couple for camp.
clean out hte jeep.
build my toilet. build my shower.
organize all my camp stuff.
figure out what the hell else I need to do/put together.
oh and make the cooler for my beer and if I get time, new tap handles.

Ryan, did you bleed the system by turning it lock to lock a bunch of times with the engine off?

Tin foil under the carpet padding works really well..........been there, done that. :D

We'll have a couple of johns out there.

ROBERTK said:
I guess that needs to be said but Duh... Unless your like the others out there that 'own' the hammers and pick'em all up when you do have them left over...

Well I will be there fri night as well as sat and I Know it will be Cold.... So whats wrong with a little extra wood.. I will say that if your bringing as much as you make it sound like, then with what we are bringing (about 3/4 of a 06 f-150 bed) we should have a nice fire...
Yep....Not directed at you, but sometimes people bring pallets to burn and never think about all the nails they're leaving for a $300 tire to find.

Definetely bring wood for Friday because I won't be there yet. I'm sure between the two of us well have more than enough. Last year I think I left a pile out there. :D

Got a tad shorter but I didn't start into it until 9:00 tonight

I only have one more night available to finish AND pack to go but I have

wire headlight (one left to do)

finish the exremely sh!tty paint job
install seatbelt (one left to do)
mount rocklights in the front
do something with the rear wiring harness from hell
install fire extinguisher
finish flat bellypan (15 minutes of work)

I gave up on wiring in rear taillights

and finally...........pack :exclamati :exclamati :exclamati :exclamati :exclamati :exclamati :exclamati

cracker said:
Got a tad shorter but I didn't start into it until 9:00 tonight

I only have one more night available to finish AND pack to go but I have

wire headlight (one left to do)

finish the exremely sh!tty paint job
install seatbelt (one left to do)
mount rocklights in the front
do something with the rear wiring harness from hell
install fire extinguisher
finish flat bellypan (15 minutes of work)

I gave up on wiring in rear taillights

and finally...........pack :exclamati :exclamati :exclamati :exclamati :exclamati :exclamati :exclamati

So when did the paintjob that was awesome when I was working on it suddenly become shitty?

All my work in vein!

xDUMPTRUCKx said:
So when did the paintjob that was awesome when I was working on it suddenly become shitty?

The problem is not what YOU did, it is what I did.

This morning I finished the crappy paint job and worked on enlarging the seat belt mounting holes a tad.

Being in full-thrash Jeep mode for the last month has paid off well.

My list is now:

1. install 4 calipers & bleed the system
2. lock 4 nuts in place
3. add 2 more ga. gear oil
4. install rear shocks (if I ever get them........)
5. catch up on Tivo

Woot!

-jb

vintagespeed said:
4. install rear shocks (if I ever get them........)

You now have to come over and work for them. :D

I'll be home tonight at 5:00.

my list now consists of:

give up, sell the jeep, and wheel my friends borrowed CTD up Claw Hammer!

XJ_ranger said:
my list now consists of:

give up, sell the jeep, and wheel my friends borrowed CTD up Claw Hammer!

Dammit Opie.. skip class and drive your ass down here tomorrow. Your riding bitch with me. DO IT!

Scrappy said:
Dammit Opie.. skip class and drive your ass down here tomorrow. Your riding bitch with me. DO IT!

skip a midterm worth 25% of my grade in Fluid Dynamics? Skip a midterm worth 30% of my grade in Electrical Circuts and Machines? i think not...

ill be there... and if i can find a trailer, my rig will too...

Diff cover, bumpstops, new Claw, pack, straighten the Currie tie rod, rock lights (hopefully), and say my prayers because I'm pretty sure JV is gonna kick my skinny white ass.

Chris

ckh550 said:
say my prayers because I'm pretty sure JV is gonna kick my skinny white ass.

The messud up part is that you'll have a blast too!

clean out the inside of my jeep so that it doesn't all spill out when I roll.
screw rocklights, they are overated! Top off fluids. pack tools and spares into jeep. finish setting up camp stuff. I made a toilet seat last night. Aluminum 3 leg seat that holds a trash. Making the shower tonight. I have most of the parts I just need to make the shower curtain part of it.
regear someones front axle tomorrow.
Keg and carbonate the california cream Ale.
Carbonate the trappist and porter.
The beer wagon is done, I just need to make some tap handles and come up with cool names for the beer.
Go figure I have 25 gallons of beer in my garage and I go out the other night and spent $30 at bevmo on no more than 6 bottles of beer.
I'm sure I have other stuff to do but I can't think of it right now.:cheers:

Rocklights will be a blessing for night runs this time round since there will basically be no moon out there and it can get REAL dark in those canyons.

cracker said:
Rocklights will be a blessing for night runs this time round since there will basically be no moon out there and it can get REAL dark in those canyons.

thanks for reminding me to bring the fireworks :D

yeah we ran Claw last year at night with no moon. Ron was the only one that had rocklights and he got stuck.
I wear a headlamp for spotting and it works great.
i'm not saying I don't need them, I just don't have time to mess with them.

Rawbrown said:
yeah we ran Claw last year at night with no moon. Ron was the only one that had rocklights and he got stuck.
I wear a headlamp for spotting and it works great.
i'm not saying I don't need them, I just don't have time to mess with them.

They seem to be more important for trail repairs than they are for wheelin ;)

I spent about $70 on a good headlamp. Worth its weight in gold both as a spotter and a mechanic.
BTW, your not allowed to break!

Rawbrown said:
I spent about $70 on a good headlamp. Worth its weight in gold both as a spotter and a mechanic.
BTW, your not allowed to break!

Makes it easier to find your who you're shooting bottle rockets at too. :D

dick...

Back