• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Whatcom County Build-Date Set (BBQ too!)

So who is showing up?

Bump :D

Yes it is.

We should be able to complete the lift on Saturday easily. That is if we don't get into the beer too early.

What time do you guys want to start?

lets go with 9:00am that way everyone gets to sleep in. So do you have a good set of tools? Is there anything we need to bring??

Hans

Sockets prefer metric 10mm-19mm

Pneumatic impact gun.

Do you have air compressor?

Jack and jack stands.

A couple of BFHs

Pry bars

Tape measure.

Oh and a sawzall Just in case ;)

Those are the basics.

Anyone have anything else they would like to see on the list?

Are your tires already mounted on the rims

1. Sockets prefer metric 10mm-19mm

2. Pneumatic impact gun.

3. Do you have air compressor?

4. Jack and jack stands.

5. A couple of BFHs

6. Pry bars

7. Tape measure.

8. Oh and a sawzall Just in case ;)

Those are the basics.

Anyone have anything else they would like to see on the list?

Are your tires already mounted on the rims

1. Yes
2. No
3. No
4. Yes, jack and two jack stands
5. One regular hammer
6. 1 small-ish pry bar
7. Yes
8. No

Crap. Does anybody have what I am missing and wouldn't mind bringing it? I've one set of metric sockets.

I'd recommend investing in a good fully stocked tool chest. If you work on your own rig you'll need it. I personally have 1 full loaded craftsman one for the rig (4 drawer), 1 full loaded craftsman/harbor freight mix roller for home, and 1 mostly loaded carry around. And I still find things I need and don't have.

On a more positive note, good luck with the install! As long as you're PB blasting everything now, it'll be a snap.

~Scott

On a more positive note, good luck with the install! As long as you're PB blasting everything now, it'll be a snap.

~Scott

WHY would you have to say that? :twak:

OK how about this. Lets do it at my house. I have all the tools, a garage, beer fridge, and fresh tank of propane.

WHY would you have to say that? :twak:

OK how about this. Lets do it at my house. I have all the tools, a garage, beer fridge, and fresh tank of propane.

Cause I'll be enjoying the day at my work with no manager for a few days, A.K.A. It'll be chaos.

:puke:

~Scott

Bring your lift DUH :) And a debit card incase we have to go to the parts/liquor store. ;) I should have everything else.

If you have time, you can get your tires mounted and balanced, then you can bring them. Or we can get them mounted and balanced on Sat. Whatever you think.

My address:
848 South Pine Ct
Lynden, WA 98264

For those who are inclined N 48 56.912' W 122 28.752' :D Since somehow I am the "GURU" :D

Lets start at 9:00am

Last edited:
OK, I'll bring the lift, tires, steaks, tools. Should I bring my jack and jack stands? The tires are mounted but not balanced yet. I was just going to get them balanced once they were on the Jeep.

Anything else? :D

Oh, my mom is up for the weekend, so she will be photographing it and bringing a salmon to bake too.

Sounds good. No need to bring the jack and jack stands.

And if you get lost getting to my house 318-8909

So I didn't make it to this, but what happened? Where's the pictures of the lifted jeep and Hans's massive biceps?

Dude I am waiting as well.

And they are massive too. ;)

How about a verbal run-down? Any SNAFUs during the process?

Snah, you bringin' the whiskey this weekend?:D

Everything went as planned. Completely smooth. Including all of the BSing, eating, and clean up, EVERYTHING was done in less the 9 hours. Had the front end done before lunch.

Yea

Back