• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

What would you do different? Rocker Replacement

Cut higher!
39248_419103399889_563914889_4413601_6605541_n.jpg

No! I am still living the delusion that my jeep is still as clean as it once was.

Re: Re: What would you do different? Rocker Replacement

Cut higher!
39248_419103399889_563914889_4413601_6605541_n.jpg

Gold bar? Or golden spike or whatever? Looks like over by the golden crack. Whoops.. back on topic.

This is giving me some good ideas. I'm thinking I will trim the doors up about 3 inches. I want to try and move the curved parts and the door jamb. Sounds like a project that will be a pita so it is right up my alley. Lol. I'm only running 4 in of lift with 35s and my aj rails get me stuck all the time.

I feel like the frame stand-offs are necessary .

IIRC there was someone on here that had theirs without them and the 2x6 tube was pushing up into the body from hitting rocks.

Mine pushed up a bit, now my driver door doesn't seal properly. It took a pretty big hit to push it up.

It's not a huge problem now... but I guess could get worse if I hit it hard there a few more times.

I intend to add frame stand-offs at some point.

Not the greatest pic, but 1/4" plate welded to bottom edge of frame stiffener up to the bottom of the 2x6. Mini boat side sits tight against floor helping with bend resistance.
DC3A564E-183F-4524-A486-757EBFDDA1D2-2313-0000017DC57341E4_zps29a3dffb.jpg

Any pics of how you did the boatsides and kept the rear seat. I assume custom brackets for the front but did the stock stuff still work in the rear.

I didn't cut the floor. The 1/4" plate is welded to the bottom edge of my 3x3 frame stiffeners and to the 2x6 only. It was so tight to the floor edge that I had to jack it into place and use clamps. Jeep is getting a full cage, tied into the rockers, bumpers, rear floor area, so I'm not worried about the floor pushing up.

I didn't cut the floor. The 1/4" plate is welded to the bottom edge of my 3x3 frame stiffeners and to the 2x6 only. It was so tight to the floor edge that I had to jack it into place and use clamps. Jeep is getting a full cage, tied into the rockers, bumpers, rear floor area, so I'm not worried about the floor pushing up.

Cool. I did not realize that angle would work out.

Back