• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

What would make my Jeep sag on one side?

Ramsey said:
ah ok, well sorry for the "racist" comment. perhaps i should have suggested his jeep might be a rapper, but i probably should have just stfu. anyways sorry if i offended anyone.

Al Sharpton, and Jesse are asking for your resignation. I told them to STFU.

Talk about work that some will not do. WHEN the hell are they gonna get a REAL JOB ?

I told them to go change their oil. That should take them about 6 months. Unless they take it to WHITEY at the local jiffy lube.

fdsa487 said:
the whole thing is tilted to the left. Seems like it's the rear right leaf spring
So if it's the right leaf spring, it should be tilted to the right. No? Mine is tilted to the right (passenger side) and it looks like I have a flat spot on the right leaf spring.

xjohnnyc said:
WHAT WOULD REMI DO?

Remi would swap the leaves and find out it us still sagging on the right
:cheers:

Ramsey said:
ah ok, well sorry for the "racist" comment. perhaps i should have suggested his jeep might be a rapper, but i probably should have just stfu. anyways sorry if i offended anyone.

(well, time for the daily beating of Roll-Over... here goes!)

Don't feel too bad! My jeep's red, but the Engine* never complains!

*This comment is not meant to be racist, just funny. Those who cannot laugh need not reply.

fdsa487 said:
Ok so BEFORE I went wheeling this weekend everything was fine. I come back from wheeling for the weekend and im washing my car and i notice that the whole thing is tilted to the left. Seems like it's the rear right leaf spring. Coult it be sagging that quickly??? I dont get it. Could a blown shock make it sag like that? Let me know your thoughts! Thank you.:us:

It's very common for XJ's to lean to the right. The relatively flat, spring over rear leaf springs are very subject to weakening, especially on the right side. Axle wrap is more pronounced on rigs with flatter spriongs and also on rigs that are spring over, and axle wrap can weaken the spring enough to make it sag. Check to make sure nothing is broken, and if not, then just add another leaf if it's bad enough.

I don't use aftermarket springs in the rear, I always make my own, and I always have one or two extra leaves in the right side than in the left.

so not to hijack, but my rig has a distinctive lean on the driver side (even when empty).
rear RE springs are new. the lean is pretty consistent front to back, so what is more likely
to cause the jeep to lean: the front coil or the rear leaf pack?

even my 4 year old daughter noticed it!

Just about all XJ's, over time, will lean to the pass. side.
The engine torque when accelerating from a standstill tweaks the suspension to the passenger side and loads the right rear spring. It does this over, and over, and over, and over again every single time you apply the throttle. Of course its a minute amount while the jeep is already in motion, i.e. carrying inertia. But stop and go traffic, and slipping the clutch when you have a manual, or power braking with an auto will cause the most significant fatigue of that spring. If youve ever been out to the dragstrip, and watched the old leaf sprung, live axle muscle cars pull off the line, they normally squat down to one side, and pull the adjacent front corner higher than the rest of the car.

Back