• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

What was done to YOUR rig(XJ/MJ) today MECHANICALY????

Notta, nyet, zilch, zippo, big fat ol' goose egg.
We have been in the middle of monsoons/thunderstorms here in mid-MO this weekend.
Watched movies, had some giddyup time with the wife:smoker:, and drank.
Maybe after I get the shop sprayfoamed this year I can venture out in the icky stuff.
Oh, I did order a 32" led bar for the front of my 99.

I should put on TJ flares

I'd go with TJ flares... I'm pretty tired of replacing my stockers too. There are some nice aftermarket solutions

Just ordered some

$120 bucks shipped for a set of 4 from 4wd.com

Compared to $50 for one replacement stocker off eBay it's a no brainer.

Now the study how to cut the rear without ruining the pinch seam

Diesel dash gauges stopped working today :(

Worked on ( stripped it bare) the Saturn drivers door window. Very interesting doors!!!!! No joy, the motor is bad, had to put it all back together till I can get a new one.

Confirmed I need 4 new tie rods on the newest white 4x4 87 jeep. About to pull them.

Got about half of the 89 rolled 2WD jeep stripped on the inside.

Anybody need parts speak up NOW!!!!!

Worked on my AC clutch air gap and voltage issue on the Waggy, 87. Also the Bat-Alt running voltage seems a little low, only 14.01 volts.

My daughter returns from Co Springs to finally graduate, with an AA from San Jac, Thursday!!! party1: Graduates on Saturday night. Have not seen the joy of my life in a year now.

There will be drinking, and partying, and so on.

0C97C943-3003-4881-8F7B-A6973DA53C69_zpsgv4qsauf.jpg

Half done with tj flares and trimming

I feel like a bandid today. Scored a great deal at rock auto on tailgate lifts (sorry I bought them all) and tie rod ends. Insane prices, about 20% of what AZ wants.

STRONGARM4782Lift Support$ 12.83$ :eek:

ULTRA-POWERES2222LTie Rod End$ 3.51$ :clap:

ULTRA-POWERES2223RTie Rod End$ 3.95$ :party:

ULTRA-POWERES2221LTie Rod End$ 4.90$ :looney:

ULTRA-POWERDS1046Tie Rod End$ 13.91$ (the long one)

For the white 87 4x4 jeep I am still reviving.

Think I found the issue with my waggy AC clutch, air gap 3-4 times spec.

And may have solved the diesel jeep dash wiring short issue. Will know soon.

Can't wait for the big day Saturday, 7 days left!!!!

Last edited:
Wish had a good one and enough air volume for one.

My 4 new tie rods came in. And struts for a friends Impalla. Got it all in just 2 days from Rock auto, was shocked how fast they arrived.

Got a lot of inside dash stuff pulled from the wrecked 89. Any one need a dash gut part tell me now!!!! Or any other part.

Bought a new Pneumatic Impact last night, so after dinner I'm (hopefully) going to get the exhaust unbolted from the header and get my oil pan and rear main seal done.

Completed the replacement of tie rods, all four on the 89 White 4x4 XJ Tuesday, then Thursday had to emergency brake work on the front and rear brakes after a i Pounded the brakes so hard last week when blind POS truck driver pulled out in front and me and nearly hit him doing 45 mph. I seem to have a natural talent for panic stops and turning the right way in 1-2 seconds to avoid bat shit crazy drivers. But it knocked a self adjuster loose and was running loose in a rear drum, and shredded a new rubber boot that the mounting bolt rides in, on the new caliper on one side and the caliper was moving and bouncing around when the brakes were applied. I guess My MC works after all, even if the damn pedal is still mushy.

Scored a $32 WINDOW MOTOR for my Saturn drivers side window. Doing that this weekend and doing Renix coolant bottle and heater hose replacement preventive maintenance.

Finding that day by day I am healing up and able to do more and more heavy duty mechanic wrenching in spite of my RA illness, Goodby Gall Bladder and Gall stones!!!! Not missing them one damn bit LOL

Welcome to Naxja and the RR chapter!!!

Bought a new Pneumatic Impact last night, so after dinner I'm (hopefully) going to get the exhaust unbolted from the header and get my oil pan and rear main seal done.

That was the cheapest (lowest cost) and fastest from end parts replacement I ever did!!!! Installed the tail gate lifts on 2 of my XJs on Wednesday:sunshine:

I feel like a bandit today. Scored a great deal at rock auto on tailgate lifts (sorry I bought them all) and tie rod ends. Insane prices, about 20% of what AZ wants.

STRONGARM4782Lift Support$ 12.83$ :eek:

ULTRA-POWERES2222LTie Rod End$ 3.51$ :clap:

ULTRA-POWERES2223RTie Rod End$ 3.95$ :party:

ULTRA-POWERES2221LTie Rod End$ 4.90$ :looney:

ULTRA-POWERDS1046Tie Rod End$ 13.91$ (the long one)

For the white 87 4x4 jeep I am still reviving.

Think I found the issue with my waggy AC clutch, air gap 3-4 times spec.

And may have solved the diesel jeep dash wiring short issue. Will know soon.

Can't wait for the big day Saturday, 7 days left!!!!

Happy and safe Memorial day weekend to you all!!!!

Tapped fenders for trimming, made first cut to remove rotted rocker panels, installed Rough Country Winch Bumper (I have a spare if anyone wants to buy it), finished replacing oil pan, pan gasket, and rear main seal, rebuilt oil filter adapter with new seals, and started replacing all the brakes (the rest will finish tomorrow.)

Tomorrow I'll also finish cutting the front fenders, folding the rear fenders, bleeding the brakes, and installing 33's.

Ordered some swampers for the 2door.

For anybody with 17s wanting ko2s, 4wheel parts has them for $199 for a 315/70r17, thought that was a decent price.

Time to pull the fuel rail on my 87 Wagonner and see whats what.

I must have spent 16 hours the last week debugging my Renix miss fire and stumbling issue. :(

The more time I spend on it, the worse it gets.

Back