• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

What was done to YOUR rig(XJ/MJ) today MECHANICALY????

You don't need emergency flashers for inspection.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Awesome, then I am good to go I think. Didn't they use to require them? What about the rear license plate light?

At least I now know one more place where I should look for the possible battery drain in wiring layouts having testing it and found dead.

This says warnings lights are inspected? (flashers are the warning lights right?)

http://tx.dekra-na.com/texas-tips-for-car-inspections

What is a beam indicator?

This one does not list warning lights-flashers, and it is a TexasDTPS site so I guess it and you are right?

It does say I need to fix license plate bulb out issue, I have never replaced it.

https://www.dps.texas.gov/rsd/vi/inspection/inspectionCriteria.aspx

Last edited:
Inspections stink!

Replaced the distributor yesterday, runs better and doesn't sound like a banshee on startup. Did notice a bit of wear on the shaft where it goes into the oil pump though. Guess I should at least think about changing it too...always something...

Awesome, then I am good to go I think. Didn't they use to require them? What about the rear license plate light?

At least I now know one more place where I should look for the possible battery drain in wiring layouts having testing it and found dead.

This says warnings lights are inspected? (flashers are the warning lights right?)

http://tx.dekra-na.com/texas-tips-for-car-inspections

What is a beam indicator?

This one does not list warning lights-flashers, and it is a TexasDTPS site so I guess it and you are right?

It does say I need to fix license plate bulb out issue, I have never replaced it.

https://www.dps.texas.gov/rsd/vi/inspection/inspectionCriteria.aspx

The warning lights themselves are not an item of inspection, but the fall under the turn signal category, so it would be up to the inspector.

The "beam indicator" is the light on the dash that lets you know the high beams are on.

Oil changed

Tomorrow giving the suspension a once over on torque to prep for hf

Got the quarter guards installed. Driver side was fun

Ready to roll Friday

Been working on rust prevention on the old paint jobs, cleaning the junk off, doing some rubbing compound work, and trying to get some wax on them....

Been working on rust prevention on the old paint jobs, cleaning the junk off, doing some rubbing compound work, and trying to get some wax on them....

After detailing my truck I did the jeep for fun- claybar, glaze, polish, sealant.

Still looks crappy but it doesn't feel like sandpaper any more

I wonder if there is a good write up with images around for hard case jobs like mine.

After detailing my truck I did the jeep for fun- claybar, glaze, polish, sealant.

Still looks crappy but it doesn't feel like sandpaper any more

I backed it out of the garage and put the doors on. What do I win?

I shed a tear.

c30933c8692ebd45aecdb59c60896a66.jpg

c080d7b3ff12056ca24b2c5b3d55c5f6.jpg

edc27e21560d2258a8f55d4c06e68cc9.jpg

The old 86 is no more.

WTF? That is in better shape than the rolled one I still have decorating the driveway!!!

Well you should of said you needed it, if you didn't mind the floor being totally rusted out.

Sent from my SM-J700T using Tapatalk

Well you should of said you needed it, if you didn't mind the floor being totally rusted out.

Can't tell from the photo what if anything I could use was left. I already have a spare body anyway, just shocked folks have no use for what is getting to be rare Renix era XJ bodies. I guess if the floor was rusted out, it had other rust issues too? I was looking at the hood and front nose piece and amber lenses etc still on it. Was the stuff under the hood stripped already?

No value in the tires and rims? Steering column?

I guess I'm just a pack rat LOL. I still have all kinds of XJ parts enough to fill three trucks with and spare engines, tranny, hoods, tail gates and complete body with no drive train.

One of these days, maybe this summer I should host a Red River NAXJA swap meet at my shop now that I am up and around again.

Like I said, if I knew you needed something from it. I really don't think the hood would of worked though, WAY different design than the 4.0 hoods. The motor was a 2.8L V6, no good. I pulled the trans, AX5, and the TC, NP231. Selling the trans keeping the TC. Tires and rims were shot, not even worth anything. Rear axle was the 8.25 but no time to pull it on the trailer kept the front D30 for future use. Kept the doors for my half door project.

The rust went into the fire wall and who know where else.

I wanted to keep the XJ for a camping trailer BUT wife said no.

I thought all XJ hoods were the same???? I am about to swap a 92 4.0 hood onto my 85 2.5 L gaser XJ as it has serious rust issues. Some fasteners are a little different, but the hood I think is the same. I guess I will know shortly. The HO-XJ hoods all seem to be the same, and I think the 87 4.0 hood is the same as the 97-99 4.0 XJ hood.

Sorry to hear about the rust. No fun giving up our old buddies to the rust demons
:rattle:

Its getting hard to find anything older than a 97 XJ in my local junk yards. Craigs list is still OK....

Last edited:
I thought all XJ hoods were the same???? I am about to swap a 92 4.0 hood onto my 85 2.5 L gaser XJ as it has serious rust issues. Some fasteners are a little different, but the hood I think is the same. I guess I will know shortly. The HO-XJ hoods all seem to be the same, and I think the 87 4.0 hood is the same as the 97-99 4.0 XJ hood.

Sorry to hear about the rust. No fun giving up our old buddies to the rust demons
:rattle:

Its getting hard to find anything older than a 97 XJ in my local junk yards. Craigs list is still OK....
I think the pre-87 used a different latch assembly, since they changed the core support in 87 to clear the 4.0. I could be wrong though.

Back