• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

what trails are on your "must do" list?

:)
IMG_1321.jpg

Mike in NJ said:
As long as you have no respect for your paint job, Randy - the mine at the end of the trail is interesting. But those damn thorny bushes along the river will strip off everything on the outside of your truck that isn't welded down, and leave pinstriping that you'd need Bondo to fill! :D

Better idea is to let an H1 hummer go first - if he doesn't fall into the Green, it'll leave a nice wide hole through the bush.

MG

We sent 0313 through last Fall Fling with his full size axles, I was tailgunning and it didnt seem to help at all on the way in but on the way out it felt a little more opened up. Now that probably means it will grow back in twice as thick this spring.

jeeperguy21 said:
Impossible to close unless they but a barbed wire fence on the left side of the trail. So did they really close it? That's one of my favorite obstacles!

Yup, that's pretty much how they closed it.

Kejtar said:
Tue through Sat? If so I'll join you on one of those runs :) I didn't get to do Pritchet last year but I ran it the year before and it was fun :D

Other trails that are on my must do list? lemme see:
1. HellsRevenge
2. Pritchet
3. Green Day (maybe I'll finally finish it :D)
4. Spider - Spike - Rim
5. SteelBender

And fill the rest with something else or other ;)
Sounds like a great list Remi, lets add Behind the Rocks.

What trails are suitable for someone with open/open and 30x9.50s? Also what is the best Moab guide book that you guys recommend?
I will have my front recovery points on in the next week or two and I already have a hitch in the rear (properly mounted with nutstrips). I've got all the other requirements of fire extinguisher, first aid kit, and CB covered. Unfortunately I don't have the money to do a whole lot more before then. This will probably be my best chance to get to Moab and I would just like to know which trails I can do without trashing my rig and/or becoming a hindrance to the rest of the people on the trail.

1. I've never done Kane Creek all the way through. Last time it was washed out.
2. Spider - Spike - Rim
3. Hell's Revenge again (my favorite)
4. anything else I havent done

mtmike said:
What trails are suitable for someone with open/open and 30x9.50s? .

I have a similar set up on my XJ and I have run trails such as:
Klondike Bluffs
Fins N Things
Shaffer Trail
Chicken Corners
Tusher Tunnel

I would recommend some skid plates, especially for the transfer case and gas tank.

See you in Moab.

rightseatsis said:
I have a similar set up on my XJ and I have run trails such as:
Klondike Bluffs
Fins N Things
Shaffer Trail
Chicken Corners
Tusher Tunnel

I would recommend some skid plates, especially for the transfer case and gas tank.

See you in Moab.

I've got the gas tank covered, just need to get an aftermarket transfer case skid.
Thanks for the list of trails. I'm really looking forward to this.
Mike

mtmike said:
What trails are suitable for someone with open/open and 30x9.50s? Also what is the best Moab guide book that you guys recommend?
Contrary to what you read on the internet you are set up fine for 90% of the trails in Moab. Some Wipeout Hill action with a stock Cherokee:
orig.jpg

Charles Wells wrote the bible of Moab trails, you can get the handy spiral bound version of the updated second edition of his book when ordering directly from him:
http://www.funtreks.com/index.php?page=book_3

See 'ya in Moab!

Great stocker backtire wheelie shot, nice one of Mil's backside too.......I hope he comes to the 25th event.

Wow Alex, I had to do a double take thought that might be my XJ during the 20th (see avatar). When the rear wheels lifted I saw a minivan in my future. That's mil & sidriptide standing there watching.

mtnmike
In a bone stock with 225/75/15's I did Gemini Bridges, Long Canyon, Tuscher Tunnel & Wipeout Hill during the 20th. Rightseatsis' 01 stock did well on Fins-n-Things. Paul's bone stock went all the way up to Top of The Hill.

As far as her recommendations I agree, Gas, Transfer Case & Rockers. Don't forget recovery points front and rear and the other NAXJA requirements.

See you in Moab.
Tom

Boatwrench said:
Wow Alex, I had to do a double take thought that might be my XJ during the 20th (see avatar). When the rear wheels lifted I saw a minivan in my future. That's mil & sidriptide standing there watching.
That same guy did Kane Creek the next year, although I think he got a little rocker damage. Mike, you might want to add rock rails before October... you can just slide 'em over stuff that is too big to clear. We can drag you over the spots that are too big to drive over. It reduces your stress level to not have to worry about body damage.

Back in the good ol days, 30's and 3.07's. The rock rails got a real workout! The fun level was never higher, you don't really appreciate how much fun a near-stock Cherokee is to wheel until you have dumped a bunch of time and money into it and find all you have acomplished is gaining the ability to do the stupid lines on the same darned trails.

standard.jpg

Handlebars said:
That same guy did Kane Creek the next year, although I think he got a little rocker damage. Mike, you might want to add rock rails before October... you can just slide 'em over stuff that is too big to clear. We can drag you over the spots that are too big to drive over. It reduces your stress level to not have to worry about body damage.

Back in the good ol days, 30's and 3.07's. The rock rails got a real workout! The fun level was never higher, you don't really appreciate how much fun a near-stock Cherokee is to wheel until you have dumped a bunch of time and money into it and find all you have acomplished is gaining the ability to do the stupid lines on the same darned trails.

Rock rails are on my list too. JCR will be getting an order from me right after the tax returns get here.

WayneXJ said:
Pritchett :D
My wife and I still talk about running Pritchet with you. That was the best day we had in Moab and your trail guiding expertise made it that. Thanks again!

Back