• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

What tire do you run? (not size)

We run MTR-K's on the Team Naxja race car and love the way they handle. Good in the dirt, good on the rocks, decent in the wet. They aren't too heavy and stay balanced.

My father runs them on his JK Rubi, and has 55K miles on them with a few thousand left to go. All around an excellent tire.

I run the BFG AT on my tow rig, in a load range E. I have about 40K on them with maybe 50% tread remaining. They are quiet, do great on the pavement and in the rain, and have not let me down in snow or sand. I wouldn't put them on a 'rock' rig but for a DD or expedition type rig they are pretty respectable.

I run mud claws from Big O tire.
Pros: Dirt cheap, and stick incredibly on the rocks. They are super soft.

Cons: When aired down below 20, they fold, rip, tear, and get punctured so easy it's laughable. I now only air down to 25, and so far they have been fine.
Will not buy them again.

Recently replaced an old set of the gen-1 MT/Rs with the newer MT/R-Ks. They're a huge upgrade on pavement. Haven't yet spent enough time with them off-road to form an opinion in that regard.

KM2s. Work good off road. Hate them on road. Noisy and have uneven wear. I have to rotate every 5-10 thousand miles depending on wear and noise.

I've never had an issue with noise or uneven wear.....:dunno:

MTR-k, i think the road manners are pretty well although when i went to minnesota they didnt do to well with ice but snow they were ok. excellent in the mud and offroad ill probably run another set whenever these go i have about 12k on them and tons of life left

Back