• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

What tire and rim combo would work?

JK Rubicon take offs would probably be the cheapest for rims and tires even with adapters depending on your bro jeep population.

Steelies are cheap.

Soft 8's with 3.75 BS on 33x12.50x15 tires gives me just a little rub on the sway bar on full stuff with the same lift. If I had to do it all over again, I would at least have gotten a more narrow tire (cheaper and no rub) and 1" less lift but still on 33's.

You could keep an eye on Centerline's Website. They have a section of overstock and discontinued wheels. I picked up a set of(two piece) forged 15 × 10 wheels for $65 each. Wide, I know but that's what I needed. I have seen several times where they are available with the option of any offset you want. Naturally the selection varies so if you're in a hurry it may not be an option for you.

I know that these are 17s but here's an example :
http://centerlinewheels.com/wheel_deals_detail.php?id=101&type=bolt&data=5-4.5

Last edited:
31s will fit without rubbing on flex, anything larger will tear the flares off when you flex unless you cut

Also, if you have a late model there may be some rubbing on your bumper end caps. Switching to prevent 97 ends will help.

Also, if you have a late model there may be some rubbing on your bumper end caps. Switching to prevent 97 ends will help.

I just put 31s with 15x8 steelies on mine. Now it just runs once in a while while turning right over a bump. Glad it's nothing...

4.5" bastard lift, 99 Sport, 4.0

Procomp 52 series wheels are 53 bucks a piece on Amazon. 3.75 back spacing and 33s.
What I run and rides nice. Little rub at full stuff. Like someone else said if I had gone narrower than 12.50 width tires they wouldn't have rubbed.

Back