• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

What size coilovers in the front without....

xjnation said:
.....I could have easily used 16" travel saws witout going through the hood....

Until you see a 16" coilover fully extended and measure up the length of the body you're making a very bold statement.

You can make 30" coilover fit under the hood if you're willing to sky out your XJ to 20" of lift. It's all relative.

-jb

Yep, that's the reason why i git the 14" travel 9100 rockcrawlers. At this length i'm able to fit them under the hoos without maxing out the angles of the front driveshaft at full droop. I'm sitting at ~ 12" lift at the moment and won't go higher than that. :D

huh? thru the hood?

My shock hoops can be raised at lease another two inches under my hood for the 16" travel shocks. My 14s are set up with 5" up and 9" down. It works damn well. I have between 7-8" of total lift.

16's would be over kill because after a certain amount of articulation you see diminishing returns from taking the weight off of the drooped tire. My pinion angle is corrected, but a lot of people would bind at 11" of droop.

SeanP

vintagespeed said:
Until you see a 16" coilover fully extended and measure up the length of the body you're making a very bold statement.

You can make 30" coilover fit under the hood if you're willing to sky out your XJ to 20" of lift. It's all relative.

-jb

I have a buggy shop here in town and test fitted a set (wish I had the coin to buy) at 7.5" of lift 16" will fit nicely with 1" clearance to the hood. 6.0" up travel and 10.0" down travel.

Joe said:
Post some picture Richard with your 37 haven't seen any yet??

Here ya go. :)

standard.jpg

standard.jpg

standard.jpg

standard.jpg

Back