• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

What Rough Country customer service???

97VAXJ

NAXJA Forum User
I ordered some coil springs and a TC drop from Rough Country yesterday. I live in Virginia so they said it would ship to me on Wednesday. Checked my email and only got one tracking number and the description said the package was only one pound.

So, I called them up and was told that the coils were left on the loading dock and there is no real explanation for why this happened. I told them that i had plans to install on Thursday and had some buddies change their schedules to help me...this basically was screwing me and all I got was..."well, yep, that sucks. They will ship out today and be there Thursday. Sorry."

Call that customer service??? I thought they at least would say they would give me Priority shipping or 10% off my next order or something. But I got nothing. IMHO I have gotten better customer service at Rusty's, Quadratec, and Wal-Mart.

Sorry but I had to say something about this.

hmm... that sucks.

I just ordered shackles from Jason with RC. I called him on Tue and they were delivered on Thurs. with a nice discount! I have NO complaints for them at all. I would say, make sure you speak with Jason next time, his name on here is grimusxj or something like that. Or maybe give him a call and see if he can offer you anything for your next order.

hmmm, well this was my only experience w/ RC so far. Don't know what's up with that then. bummer, though.

Shipping seems to be a hit or miss thing. I'm dealing with my own shipping fiasco with UPS, though. Was supposed to be delivered yesterday, said they were missing info. Called them last night to give them the info. and was re-assured several times by the lady on the phone that it would be on the truck and delivered today and she would even call the driver after I hung up to make sure he got the instructions. Called this morning to confirm, "we have no record you contacted us yesterday, the package is not on the truck. You can pick it up from us (20 miles away) if you need it today. Nothing else we can do." Are you kidding? Gotta love it!

I have ordered at least 6 different lift kits from Jason, as well as other parts, drop brackets, trac bars, sway bar disconnects, ordered from him lots of times, and have never had a single complaint. This might just be something that is beyond their control.

It sucks what happened, things are gonna be difficult, etc, but every once in a while shipping errors occur, If I ordered something yesterday and was going to have it in 2 days, I'd be pretty happy with that. Generally, I don't make plans, especially not plans that inconvenience others based on a shipping estimate. I wait til I have the part in hand.

As with any business, you have many people that you rely upon to do their job. Jason is in the sales office and warehousing and shipping are in another building located next door. I'd say Jason did his job but someone else dropped the ball.

Back