• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

What have I got myself into

badron said:
With 8 inches of lift and the rear sway bar still on. This XJ was not to go off road much. Just inpress little kids and girls. See them all the time around here. Without the sway bar it will ride like a boat.
Cut fenders drop 4 or whatever inches. Ajust stops to need. Then see see if axle line up.
Then drop rear sway if more rear flex is needed else it ant hurting a dam thing. Same with front. Luck

Wow! You speak great english!

TRAILREADYXJ said:
On the road 8" may look "cool", but if you actually wheel it, the high COG will eventually get the better of you.

I hope you're not implying what I've done to my heep is solely to look "cool," and that I don't wheel. Because then you'd be mistaken.
I was refering to the precision needed to lift an XJ 8" while still retaining the stock driving characteristics. Compensating for an elevated COG is easy compared to driving @ 80 mph, in ruts with no bumpsteer or drift.

IMO...

I'm not that far from VA lets go wheel and find out...

Waterhammer said:
I hope you're not implying what I've done to my heep is solely to look "cool," and that I don't wheel. Because then you'd be mistaken.
I was refering to the precision needed to lift an XJ 8" while still retaining the stock driving characteristics. Compensating for an elevated COG is easy compared to driving @ 80 mph, in ruts with no bumpsteer or drift.

I was really referring to the Jeep in question, I don't know what all you have done. Basically all I meant was with 35s, he would be much better off with a lower lift, there is just no reason to go that tall (assuming you have protection and don't mind dragging rocks etc..). If he has blocks in back and if it has short arms, it needs to go back down or have a good amount of money thrown at it!

Waterhammer said:
I'm not that far from VA lets go wheel and find out...
Sure, my Jeep may be out of commission for a while though. I screwed up a leaf spring and a trackbar bushing at Callalantee last weekend. I am thinking I may go ahead and start on the D44s and 3 link, but I hope to be done by spring.

Back