• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

What do you think of a rough country longarm upgrade kit?

Rustys long arm kit is the way to go. I`ve had mine for 3 years and couldn`t be happier. Plus RC is like shopping at the doller store, Don`t do it.

Froehlich Suspension Technology. I am obviously still working out some stuff. Im getting alot more business alot faster than I expected so Im still hammering out details. Im getting an actual accredited business license monday, and talking to Farmers Insurance after that for Product Liability Insurance. Do you plan on buying one of my products and doing something stupid with it or something? Dont tell me you are one of those guys that blame someone else for your stupidity...

No, I happen to sell parts at a 4x4 shop in Western WA. I tend to not sell things produced by inept manufacturers, so I find out as much as I can about them first. But yeah, thanks for asking.

And how do I have my terms screwed up? And what clues about what are you talking about?

Clue #1: It ain't 'slander'. ;)

Well what would you consider a better term for it then? it was the best I could come up with off the top of my head at the time. And Im still wondering what the heck you are saying its a "clue" for. Are you like a detective on the side too trying to solve a crime? What do you know about me, my background, or my products in order to label me as an "inept manufacturer"? You dont think a small business guy like myself can create a quality product, let alone to be one of the first to create a near bolt on, true 3 link with a removable crossmember/skid? Do new things scare you?
I dont feel like filling this thread up with more non tech discussion that people dont want to read about, I am more than happy to continue a discussion over PM if you would like to help me out with ideas on the non technical side of starting a fab business, or just overall pointers you might have for me.

Froehlich Suspension Technology. I am obviously still working out some stuff. Im getting alot more business alot faster than I expected so Im still hammering out details. Im getting an actual accredited business license monday, and talking to Farmers Insurance after that for Product Liability Insurance. Do you plan on buying one of my products and doing something stupid with it or something? Dont tell me you are one of those guys that blame someone else for your stupidity...

And how do I have my terms screwed up? And what clues about what are you talking about?

I don't think its people blaming you for your design, or others blaming people. It's the fact that when people buy a product (especially one that cost $100's) they expect the manufacturer to back up the product in case of a failure. If people didn't want to have someone to blame, they'd make it them selves. And as a manufacturer, it's your job to do your best to prevent any possible failures and please all customers as best you can. I think the ultimate question here is if a failure occurred, how would you react to it and would you be capable of solving an issue appropriately. The answer to this can only be found with time.

Just be aware, it's all part of the game. And the suspension game is a risky one.

That`s an first.:moon: and what do you run?

I'm sure your aware that statement was because Rusty's has a horrible reputation around here...but in case others don't know, now they do.

~Scott

Well what would you consider a better term for it then? it was the best I could come up with off the top of my head at the time. And Im still wondering what the heck you are saying its a "clue" for. Are you like a detective on the side too trying to solve a crime? What do you know about me, my background, or my products in order to label me as an "inept manufacturer"? You dont think a small business guy like myself can create a quality product, let alone to be one of the first to create a near bolt on, true 3 link with a removable crossmember/skid? Do new things scare you?
I dont feel like filling this thread up with more non tech discussion that people dont want to read about, I am more than happy to continue a discussion over PM if you would like to help me out with ideas on the non technical side of starting a fab business, or just overall pointers you might have for me.

I never labeled you as anything. I simply asked some questions and stated my position. This next part IS directed at you though: Apparently civilized, clear discussion is impossible with you. :)

Good luck in your endeavors. Try to relax a little.

I don't think its people blaming you for your design, or others blaming people. It's the fact that when people buy a product (especially one that cost $100's) they expect the manufacturer to back up the product in case of a failure. If people didn't want to have someone to blame, they'd make it them selves. And as a manufacturer, it's your job to do your best to prevent any possible failures and please all customers as best you can. I think the ultimate question here is if a failure occurred, how would you react to it and would you be capable of solving an issue appropriately. The answer to this can only be found with time.

Just be aware, it's all part of the game. And the suspension game is a risky one.
~Scott
Thank you for your input, you worded that very well, something I have been having trouble with. I already explained my position to the guys who have purchased my products and I am more than happy to take care of my customer to my fullest extent. I am not going to sell something to a customer that they arent happy with. Either I will change something to fit their specific need or return their money. I have been working in sales for years and building custom products for longer. I know what it takes to take care of the customer and because I am the owner I wouldnt be able to give someone the "run around". :eeks1:

I never labeled you as anything. I simply asked some questions and stated my position. This next part IS directed at you though: Apparently civilized, clear discussion is impossible with you. :)

Good luck in your endeavors. Try to relax a little.

Sorry I took it that way. Yes, I am a little on edge and defensive in this thread and I apologize. Its like when someone calls your baby ugly ya know? Its part of you. lol
Its hard on here too, kinda like texting, you cant hear someones tone of voice or the emotion behind the words typed. If I didnt take comments said in total seriousness then I would seem like a flake. ;)
I feel like I can learn some things from you, so like I said, if you have any thoughts feel free to PM me.

Wait... so the redrider guy is manufacturing his own suspension system, and pimping it here... and he's not even a NAXJA member? :D :laugh2:

Like I said earlier if you reread through everything, I am PMing back and forth with sponsorship currently to work out donation details and such. I havent donated to become a red letter member yet because I didnt see the point when I will be donating as a sponsor soon.
Im not tryin to cause any trouble, just trying to set a few comments strait that were posted earlier. If you would like to share Ideas with me, seriously, then I would be open for discussion in PMs, not in someone elses thread.

Rustys long arm kit is the way to go. I`ve had mine for 3 years and couldn`t be happier. Plus RC is like shopping at the doller store, Don`t do it.

Wait, what? Did you just insinuate that Rustys is not like shopping at the dollar store.............
disagree.gif

Wait, what? Did you just insinuate that Rustys is not like shopping at the dollar store.............
disagree.gif

I like the dollar store. Dollar tree seems to be a good place to get stupid little things like tape/ gift wrapping paper. you know, the crap that only lasts a few weeks of a season.. Rustys would fit right in.:wave1:

I like the dollar store. Dollar tree seems to be a good place to get stupid little things like tape/ gift wrapping paper. you know, the crap that only lasts a few weeks of a season.. Rustys would fit right in.:wave1:

I bought my t-case lowering kit at the dollar store.

True story.

:anon:

file00027537210.jpg

file00067530344.jpg

file00037556458.jpg

file00057581038.jpg

Nice looking Kit!!

Back