• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

What do you do at work?

I'm a Toyota technician.

I get to tell people what's wrong with their car in hopes that they'll fix it! Unless it's a basket-case, in which case I hope they walk out the door. :D

I pick things up, I put things down.

pnhgg.jpg

11h59p1.jpg

1zmefpg.jpg

es6eth.jpg

izxri0.jpg

I've got a nice chunk of Rohn 25 I need moved from one place to another :D

So many job descriptions over the years, basically fixing electronics of some flavor or other.

Current employer allows me to design commercial alarm and security systems :)

By day I design and install commercial audio and video system for performance venues.

By night I am a musician and build custom guitars and amplifiers.

how's the pay if you dont mind? liveable? CA and NY are pretty comparable as far as cost of living and i'm pretty new (professionally) in the A/V industry but i'd like to stay here. i do installs/service high end residential and commercial automation systems.

the pay is pretty terrible where i am, but in a few years i'd like to move elsewhere.

Here in ca starting is around $15/hr but I worked up to $35 working for some one else. That is strictly commercial, resi gets sketchy fast depending on who you work for. I own a corporation doing it now and am on salary. 80k a year is still tight in ca with a family of 5 though.

Back