• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

what do i need to fit 35s

If your driving it on the road the Creepys wont last long. Theyre bias plied and not good on road because of that. It can be done but that expensive of I tire shouldnt be wasted.

how bout ya give him a break Deft, he probably goes wheelin when he's invited.

Touche.

Alright, swap your rear axle and beef up your front. Get at least 3" of lift, preferably 6". You can get by on 3.55 gears but it will be a biatch. Cut and hack the shit out of your fenders.

The best advice i can give you is to get on here and Research and then research some more! I have learned a lot from asking questions. Also i have learned to get used to the search feature. I had trouble at first but i have gotten the hang of it. There is a sticky on here somewhere that shows you how to use the search feature! :cheers: I am gonna say most likely you have a D35 rear. I would be more worried about breaking the D35 on 35's than the D30 up front!

haha well said..

Ill try not to be an ass, but do some research. You are going to run into a lot of problems if you just start throwing on 35s and stuff like that without thinking it through. Im 1200 posts through and JUST NOW stepped up to 35s.

First off, you dont have 2 dana 30s, you have one and its up front. The rear axle in your jeep is either a d30( you mean D35:D) (dont even think about putting 35s on that) or a 8.25. If you have 297/760 series front joints and non disco axle or 29 spline rear shafts in the 8.25 (if that is what you have, 97+) then that will help, also if its not a 2000 or 2001 then it will have a high pinion dana 30, which is also good. We need more information about your car, and again you might not want to step it up just yet.

Fixed it for ya! :thumbup:

if you're on a 35 rear, that does not mean you can run 35s safely... just so you can't say no one told you.

35" tires on a D35 rear is sketchy at best. If you keep it open (unlocked) and are easy on the go-pedal, it may last awhile. The problem being that muuch tire weight and leverage (not to mention traction) is more than the D35 was designed to handle. I do know a couple of people who ran 35"s on a D35, and it ended badly. It's really just a matter of time with that axle. Look for a Ford 8.8" out of an Explorer or a factory D44 or Chrysler 8.25" to swap in.

The front D30 can handle 35"s if you upgrade the shafts and u-joints to high alloys/aftermarket such as Yukons, it also helps to use a thick aftermarket diff cover to stiffen the pumpkin.

That 35 isnt going to last at all, its not even like "oh just dont wheel it hard it wont break", its "do NOT do that". As far as the d30, unlocked that bad boy will be fine. u have an HP30 im assuming in the front which will be fine, grab some stock extra shafts, you could always fork over $600 plus for front shafts but i wouldnt do that unless you lock it. rear end, go to the junkyard and get a 8.25 29 spline, bolts right up. If oyu want find a 4 cylinder that has 4.10 gears and grab the axles from that, then it will be even better.

Experience is the best teacher. Lets make this real simple for the man.

Put the 35 creepys on first.
Now you know how much you have to cut so the tires will turn
Cut away.
If you still cant turn the tires after cutting add some lift (spacers and blocks are the cheapest way to lift)
Next Flex the rig and see where the tires hit.
Hammer away to bend stuff.
Where it still hits add bump stops until it hits nothing.
Now go wheel it hard in rocks.
Whatever breaks you will need to replace.

This will save you from having to sort through all this silly advice on axles, shafts, gears, tranny coolers, power steering upgrades, steering box stiffeners, cracked frames, knuckles, outers, trusses, D30HP/LP, D44HP/LP and D60 experiences and recommendations. It will save you from having to use that dumb search function. Best of all it will save you from spending money on stuff you dont need. By only replacing what you break you will spend the bare minimum.

You will also be expert at recovery techniques, wrenching, gears, axles, steering, crack repair etc. by the time you are done.

Then you can provide experienced advice to the next person that asks, though it will probably be ignored too.

John

i hate to argue bout the stregnth of a d35 but i have mutiple buddies who have run 35s on em in wrangles no problems and one had a detroit locker and the replacing only what breaks is good advice

you will need gears, for shits and giggles i tossed the 35's on my dd with 3.55 gears for a day, it sucked major, and as others have said, ditch that 35

:banghead: Some people just do not get it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Bullet proof your drive train for 35 inch tires first. Put a d44 from a 87 XJ, its a easy swap(plug and play). Upgrade your front axles, buy new gears, cut finders, dont trim the rear quarters too much. You can buy parts little at a time until your drive train can hold it.Lift and tires, I think, should be last. If your XJ is a mall crawler, sell it to someone that will appriciate it.

i hate to argue bout the stregnth of a d35 but i have mutiple buddies who have run 35s on em in wrangles no problems and one had a detroit locker and the replacing only what breaks is good advice

good for you and youre friends, i know twice as many who have blown up D35's on 31's or 33's

That may be true but you're gonna see more guys bashing on them than praising them. They have a bad rep for a reason! :D

Putting any money into a D35 is the ultimate in turd polishing. For less than half the cost of a "Super 35" kit you can swap in an 8.8", 8.25" or D44, which will still be stronger.

thnaks alot guys youre helped alot, i know that i should get the thing as "un-breakable" as possible then go big i was just askinga question, i didnt meen to start any arguments, but its all helped me in some shape or form.

Sell those creepys to someone, and get yourself some 33s that are better onroad tires.

Since your 17, I assume this is your only mode of transportation. Not only will you not destroy those tires in a couple thousand miles, your Jeep will handle better on the road.

Get an 8.25, XJ Dana 44, or a Ford 8.8 for the rear, and if possible get some upgraded front shafts for the 30 and a diff cover.

There is a bunch of stuff that you should do to your Jeep before bolting on a set of 35'' Creepys. Go one step at a time, and remember, how are you going to get to school on monday if you break your Jeep.

good for you and youre friends, i know twice as many who have blown up D35's on 31's or 33's
i had a cherokee with 33s 4:10 gears and a locker beat the crap out of it just like evryone i no runnin 33s and 35s on em only thing that broke was locker only other person i know with d35 that broke it was the spider gear

Back