• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

What did you do to your XJ today

I finally got the front gears and locker installed and I'm happy with the pattern. I drove it around today to put some miles on it. I'm so happy you cant believe, this project has been a nightmare. :roll:

Current state of my XJ. I am replacing the exhaust/exhaust manifold gasket. Also sticking my extra header on that I welded up so It should be quieter for now till I can afford a good ceramic coated one. Also replaced the 195 thermostat with a 180, and put a new Heater Control Valve on. Does this project ever end..lol

IMG_4071.jpg

IMG_4070.jpg

Got it all done and took it for a drive, then got stuck working on my dads quad for a couple hours. Runs great, is way quieter with the header that has no cracks. Also runs about 20 degrees cooler with the 180 Degree thermostat!

Got it all done and took it for a drive, then got stuck working on my dads quad for a couple hours. Runs great, is way quieter with the header that has no cracks. Also runs about 20 degrees cooler with the 180 Degree thermostat!

Interested in a Jet Stage II chip to go with that 180 degree stat?

Just got home last night after picking up my jeep from Kris Froelich out in yakima. He was installing my new three-link and steering.
It all turned out great and looks great as well. I am anxious to hit the trail and see how it does. Thanks to Froelich Suspension for your work on it as well as the the initial raffle prize that allowed my to get this done.:star::star:

Just got home last night after picking up my jeep from Kris Froelich out in yakima. He was installing my new three-link and steering.
It all turned out great and looks great as well. I am anxious to hit the trail and see how it does. Thanks to Froelich Suspension for your work on it as well as the the initial raffle prize that allowed my to get this done.:star::star:

Pictures or it didn't happen.

lifted gas tank, new rear cross member, new bumper w/ 2" hitch, 2 recover point and shacked pushed back 2.5"
P7310493.jpg

I'm about 75% done
tomorrow I'll make the wheel tubs 4" longer

Installed CB and reinstalled rear hitch. Tomorrow I will remove transmission replace clutch and IF all goes well reinstall and drive it out of the garage.

lifted gas tank, new rear cross member, new bumper w/ 2" hitch, 2 recover point and shacked pushed back 2.5"
P7310493.jpg

I'm about 75% done
tomorrow I'll make the wheel tubs 4" longer

Any pics of the gas tank from the inside? Did you build a box around it at all or just leave it? Also, where did you relocate your filler line to?

I'll try to remember to take a picture of the area.
I framed it in 1x1x1/8 angle
the tank is about 3/16 below the frame rail. I pushed it as tight at I could get it to the hatch.

I have not figure out a good way to get the filler neck out side of the body yet. I've nock off a set of thor sides. I'll either french it in or turn it 90* and have it go out the tail light.

Truthfully its not very high on my list of things to do. A few more thing need to fall in to place before the filler neck gets finalized. I hate having to redo thing I just did

I removed the UCA axle mount bushings... then I sat and stared at it for 2 hours becase i couldn't get the new ones in :badpc:

Wen't and grabbed a balljoint press/puller from autozone, just to find out it wont fit in the small space unless i remove the freekin coil. So... I threw em' in the freezer and got some gas for my torch. Hopefully they'll drop right in. If not, tomorrows gonna be a long day :bs:

Back