• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

What did you do to your XJ today

drilled and easyout'ed a oil pump bolt that my happy a s s broke off excstaticly:farmer: tightening down the pump the other day,put the motor all together and put on my accessory brackets and random stuff ,now im just waiting on my damn new clutch and flywheel to get in at vatozone then I gotta wait some more for my poly motor mounts and full length header :lickout: then its off to the why the eff wont it start or idle blues if I dont get it right. lol

I'll try to remember to take a picture of the area.
I framed it in 1x1x1/8 angle
the tank is about 3/16 below the frame rail. I pushed it as tight at I could get it to the hatch.

I have not figure out a good way to get the filler neck out side of the body yet. I've nock off a set of thor sides. I'll either french it in or turn it 90* and have it go out the tail light.

Truthfully its not very high on my list of things to do. A few more thing need to fall in to place before the filler neck gets finalized. I hate having to redo thing I just did

Planning on doing this as well and will probably do mine in 1x1 angle or box as well. If you could take a pic, that would be awesome, thanks.

I've been researching this some and it seems like no one explains what they did with their filler neck. It's too short to make it out of the body when you locate it a little higher, right?

removed trans and transfercase and installed new clutch set! What a PITA!! Just for a FYI to anyone doing this make sure you drain your transmission before removing just incase it decides to roll and leak everything out of the shifter:bs:

Went to Evans Creek as well as Torx.....whom I rode with for half the day! Then I got home at 1:30am this morning to catch some sleep, just to get up and weld all freaking day long on my frame stiffeners. Got them done and painted and they look good!

drained the transmission.... a spash of oil came out. I guess that explains the noise.

Changed the shifter seal. That was a pain in the ass.

re-filled the transmission - not with motor oil like last time though - with $11.98/gallon actual gear oil made with real dinosaurs...

From this
DSC00730.jpg

To this
DSC00535.jpg

Grabbed a new set of 35 BFG KM2's to put on the XJ. Went to mount them and sure enough not enough offset on the wheels so there too close to the springs. Time for either new wheels or wheels spacers? This sucks, but what else is new nothing has been working for me the past month.

Grabbed a new set of 35 BFG KM2's to put on the XJ. Went to mount them and sure enough not enough offset on the wheels so there too close to the springs. Time for either new wheels or wheels spacers? This sucks, but what else is new nothing has been working for me the past month.
Trade XJ's?:shhh:

nw-xj-scott.....As much as I am disgusted with my XJ project Im going to have to say no....lol

Dustin is that a Terra 2 low kit I spy?

What do you guys think about spacers? I may have to get them to roll with my old rims.

Dustin is that a Terra 2 low kit I spy?

What do you guys think about spacers? I may have to get them to roll with my old rims.

Indeed it is, the UPS guy surprised me yesterday.

As for the spacers... how much do like your old rims? If you want to keep them, then that's going to be your best bet. They aren't cheap, and you could probably pick up a set of steel wheels for pretty close to the same price as well. Maybe run the spacers for awhile, and keep your eye out for a good deal on some other rims or beadlocks.

If you do end up going with spacers I have a pair of 5x4.5 spidertrax spacers collecting dust.

I might be interested in those. PM me a price. How thick?
How safe are spacers. I have some wheels that are too bling for my Jeep, but might work on the Wrangler my wife wants. Only issue is the offset if for a FWD.

In the interest of this thread, or not...

I washed my Jeep. First time in over a year.

Back