• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

What did you break on your XJ today

We have the CORE 4x4 out in monroe sometime this summer!! I believe the event does not have a set date as of yet... in years past, it was held in May

the course was a joke. he said he built it for a jeep open/open on 33's.

i'm locked front and rear on 35's as was everyone else that tried it.

nobody in my class got through the log jam.

of course the small guys get to go first and there was a monsoon the day before, so the logs were beyond slimey.

the mud was slippery, of course as the night went on and more people drove the course things started getting tacky and the bigger rigs didn't slip nearly as much

they should have had those guys go first to make the track more friendly for us.

or just two heats with the big guys with us running in between.

was very disappointed.

i did get a trophy for best show and we split the prize money 4 ways since EVERYONE was DNF.

if you go to the poster's profile, bosco, a fellow SEC'er, you'll see his black jeep similar to mine but open front and 8.8 rear 4.10's 6.5 lift 35" km2

he was also in the competition.

he was smart though and laid off the skinny pedal before he broke something. he got out with just a slightly bent tie rod.

i was talking to some of the guys at 4wheelparts the other day bout core when they informed me that they lots sponsorship and weren't going to do it. then he told me that 4wheelparts was trying to get a big jamboree going some time in august

I think I lost a piece on highway 18 somewhere. Unless that's how they are supposed to look?
2011-04-02212703_Olympia_Washington_US.jpg

Last edited:
Don't think its supposed to be like that. Good thing you got a friend who will flat tow you 35 miles

Today I broke a rear tail housing and completely broke my rear drive shaft in half..... Pictures to come later. It was a very interesting drive home from the trail.

Thanks to everyone who helped and the geniuses who made a sling and keeper for my rear drive shaft so I could get home without loosing all my fluid in the t-case.

I think I lost a piece on highway 18 somewhere. Unless that's how they are supposed to look?

If you cover the hole with duct-tape, so fluid doesn't leak out, it should still work for at least 10,000 miles.

I bet that made a hell of a noise. Ouch.

I didnt even hear it! I just took the wrong line on a set of rocks, slid off and then had no rear driveline. Oh well... I am definately going to pick up a spare or 2 till I can afford to get a SYE.

I didnt even hear it! I just took the wrong line on a set of rocks, slid off and then had no rear driveline. Oh well... I am definately going to pick up a spare or 2 till I can afford to get a SYE.
What were you doing driving on rocks in the first place? :roll:

i did that same thing in Butte Montana on my way to Moab last year, found a new case in a wrecker at 10pm the night before labour day

IMG_0690.jpg

any ideas what caused it? mine was a bad double cardan joint, the vibrations also destroyed my front pinion bearing R+P 2 axle shafts and 2 tires about 100 meters after we got the new case in :mad:

on another note, my u joint and BJ problems from last page also bent my inner C woot woot

Pretty sure when mine when the front DS u-joint went and the shaft hitting the ground at 60mph killed the case. Looked exactly like that.

Photo_07.jpg

Well its not my rig its the 88 waggy I'm working on today for a lady I know. Exhaust tubes for cylinders 5&6 were cracked all the way around and actually fell off when I pulled the manafold out.
2011-04-09132238.jpg

Back