• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

What did you break on your XJ today

Yea I dont think I've ever heard of anyone else breaking a cross pin... Thats pretty bad. On all the other forums my user name is actually lead foot, but I still know how to use it when I need to and when I dont. lol This axle has been under 4 different Jeeps now without a rebuild, all daily driven. Maybe it was just a matter of time? :explosion

Probably right Kris plus the added stress of Lincoln locking it finally killed it. I wished I had a 44 shaft to send you all I have is a 8.25 chrysler.

Yea, I have an 8.25 also. Just cant stand to take the 44 out to just throw that in for a few weeks. I would spend 50 bucks in u bolts and such as well. Plus then I wont have my disc brakes. lol

Yup I understand even going to a stronger axle and loosing disc breaks until I can afford to switch my 9" over to disc is bumming me out.

Yea, I have an 8.25 also. Just cant stand to take the 44 out to just throw that in for a few weeks. I would spend 50 bucks in u bolts and such as well. Plus then I wont have my disc brakes. lol
sell the 8.25 and order alloy's.. :farmer:

Not at all suprised you broke a 44 shaft with 35s and a lincoln locker.. if it has held up for as long as you say, the way you wheel.. I give it two thumbs up for lasting this long! The D44 is an upgrade from the D35/8.25 but its still a 1/2 ton axle (?) and has it's limits!

I just dont want to go bigger and lose the clearance and pay to shorten a 60 too. I have tried to sell that axle. Took it to puyallup too. Im taking offers! lol

Kris go with a 9" and clearance the bottom its pretty easy to cut the bottom out of a 9" and weld in some new steel. Have you seen the stock 9" shafts pretty big

Freakin a, i just tore this thing apart an hour after i ordered my shafts from northridge. UPS already picked them up and they will be here tomorrow only one problem... I didnt break a shaft! I was getting vibrations and clunks like I did but the spiders were just mangled... So what do I do now? You think north ridge will pay for shipping back? lol Maybe buy a lunchbox locker instead? I have extra spiders sitting here too. Keep the chromos?

Freakin a, i just tore this thing apart an hour after i ordered my shafts from northridge. UPS already picked them up and they will be here tomorrow only one problem... I didnt break a shaft! I was getting vibrations and clunks like I did but the spiders were just mangled... So what do I do now? You think north ridge will pay for shipping back? lol Maybe buy a lunchbox locker instead? I have extra spiders sitting here too. Keep the chromos?

Keep them for spares, then fix the spiders with a new set, or like you say go with a locker if you can afford it.

Keep the chromos and get a real locker. I sugest ox locker

so much money for detroit or ox. You guys forget that even though Im a vendor im still as poor as any of you other jeepers! lol I talked to northridge. Shafts are already on thre way to yakima via UPS but they said they are willing to ship them back and swap them out for an aussie locker. Great customer service! Ill save up the money for chromos later... I still need to get waggy width chromos so I can cut down the f150 44 I recently aquired. :cool:

108.jpg

TJ shaft u joint which took out both ball joints, turtled on my flat belly doing a climb and just plowed on the silly pedal instead of re-positioning. woooops

i did that same thing at the wilson county fair offroad challenge last year but i also popped a tire, completely destroyed both sides of the shaft, broke the ball joints to the extent my wheel/hub assy was hanging by the brake line.

amazing how little restraint you use when there is a stadium full of people watching...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jIgmVofTdp8.

its a tad long... all the action is in the beginning.

kinda hard to see where i got stuck in the log jam on the far side.

nothing happens till 1:40... transfer case was stuck in neutral :doh:

Back