• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

What axle is this?

Mudskipper

NAXJA Forum User
This is off an older Ford with 8 lugs and has full floating axle shafts and I was going to run it on my rig. But for some reason the diff cover doesn't match anything that I can recognize.
107-0724_IMG.jpg

looks a lot like a 60 to me? is it a late 70s f-250/ f-350?

Yeah - I think its off an F-250. But, I went on Blue Torch and it just didn't match anything they listed for diff covers. I am only paying $100 for it - so I wanted to make sure its something good.

Correct Brett. They are some beefy axles. Many say as beefy as a 14 bolt as they both have the same sized shafts. Anyways beefy.--------Kyle

thats a lot of beef for a cherokee. what kind of xj is this thing going in?

what kinda aftermarket support is available for a Sterling? gears lockers etc?

Go w/ a 14 bolt one of my friends had that same Sterling rear end under his cab truck and broke it the first ride, he went w/ a 14 bolt never broke a thing w/39.5 boggers, and now I'm puttting the 14 bolt out of his truck under my XJ. And the 14 bolt is cheaper to build and will hold up longer.

Mudskipper said:
This is off an older Ford with 8 lugs and has full floating axle shafts and I was going to run it on my rig. But for some reason the diff cover doesn't match anything that I can recognize.
107-0724_IMG.jpg

10.25" Sterling. Detroits and ARB's available.

This axle holds 600 HP and 1200 ft/lbs out of modded Powerstroke diesels. It will be more than fine under any XJ.

CRASH

Back