• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

What are you doing to your rig - the continuing saga

Looks good Cody! :thumbup: Nice to see those things finally getting used!

And so it begins.......
2011-07-03182521.jpg

Hey Justin, your horns are showing.

:D

What begins? You gonna put those hood vents on the right way now? :dunno:

:D

I think he means he is going to begin cleaning his garage. :dunno:

The ol' D-35 has been making noises since the accident, only louder than ever. The limited slip isn't...time for a change.

Although, I may have sold the wrong axle. This one needs new bearings. :(
ALL_CATCH587a.jpg

Cue crappy cell pic
2011-07-03212441.jpg

Tonight I:

Drained both diffs.
Pulled front shafts in preperation for new tube seals.
Replaced Belt.
Checked water pump
Pulled T-Stat- Gotta boil it to see where it opens, hopefully it is the culprit for my cooling issues.
Drained oil.
Checked front shocks.

Tuesday I have to:

Install tube seals
Fill diffs
Oil fill
Replace Tranny Mount
New T-Stat, burp engine
Check rear shocks
Possiblly sand blast and re-paint the wheels.

Last edited:
Justin Count your front shaft spline while you have it out, I'm almost certain that they are the same as mine. you know you want them!

Justin Count your front shaft spline while you have it out, I'm almost certain that they are the same as mine. you know you want them!

They are 27 spline. I was going to go get the Alloy Tube Seals tonight, but I realized I have that damn MONGO sized outer shaft on the passenger side that wont fit into the seal.

Don't you hate it when you hear a sound in the XJ and you think you know what it is, and then you find out you were right? :repair:

Heard a rattle at an idle or during a coast that went away when you accellerated. Well it looks like two of the three bolts holding the motor mount to the engine on the driver's side have sheared off. This is going to be fun. :rattle:

Anybody remember off hand what size those bolts are?

Got to score a left hand drill bit.

Well, I got the motor mount fixed. I took a dremel tool with a cut off wheel and put a slice in the bolt that was flush, then inserted a screw driver and backed the screw body out of the hole. The second one was a bit below the surface so I took the diameter of the wheel down some then sliced down into the block boss enough to just put a groove in the screw and did the same. The amount of material removed was minimal and I just replaced all the bolts with grade 8 with lock washers. I also made extra sure the bolts were not bottoming out in the hole, the locktite'd them in. The biggest hassle was getting the mount to line up and get everything bolted back up.

Back