• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

what are the best tires

In reviews dealing with thousands of people and dealing with millions of miles put on the tires...the Firestone Destination M/T's consistently whip up on the BFG's and quite a few others...see the reviews here:

http://www.tirerack.com/tires/surveyresults/surveydisplay.jsp?type=ORMT

I know the Firestones don't have quite the miles logged as the BFG's in these tests.....but I've been watching this for about a year now and they will start catching up with the miles logged before long. It's just because everybody and their brother has a set of BFG's and the Firestones are just now getting up there in popularity. But look at how the Firestones outscored the BFG on every TEST. Just a lil info for any would-be Tire Buyers.

Aron

I owned destination M/T's.....they are a good all around tire. They wear slow, look good, do well off road, but I can honestly say that in my opinion there was nothing special about them. What I really want to do is get some TSL super swampers for the front tires, and some boggers for the rear...then have a set of BFG at's (or something to the equivelent) for on the road use, and use the super swampers only when off roading. This way It will be a long time before I have to worry about getting new tires that work off and on the road.
Brian

I was just saying that people oughta check them out since they beat BFG's and others consistently in these categories; Dry Traction, Wet Traction, Hydro Resistance, Snow Traction, Cornering, Stability, Steering Response, Ride Comfort, Noise Comfort, and Tread Wear ....according to the test/survey that I posted. That's alot of different categories and for 1 tire to do better in about every category should be saying something....I'd think.

These things should be a BIG deal to a person who's looking to buy a tire for on/off-road capabilities. But I still like them Wal-Mart/Sam's Club Cheapies ! ! ! LOL
Aron

The walmart tire is made by kelly-springfield to give ya some idea of how good they are. but if it's a dd you are better off with the bfg a/t ko's and unless ya do alot of mud they will give you the best tread life. swampers are good but have very little tread life. plus most swampers are not radial making them bad for normal highway driving on a regular bases.

I agree....Swampers have very short tread life if you use them on the road. Having a good set of Swampers for off road use only, is starting to appeal to me more and more. I've almost convinced myself that when my Geolander MT's wear out, im going to buy a set of wrangler a/t's or something good for the road, and when I go off I'll change to super swampers. I already have an hour of prep work to do before I go hardcore wheeling each time, why not add another prep job to my list? I have to take off my front sway bar, enable my snorkel(seal the stock air intake up), wrap all kinds of engine stuff in duct tape, seal my CPU off with duct tape, take off my trailer hitch because it hangs to low (6 bolts easy), and take out interior carpet. Changing the tires wont take but a few minutes. I believe that this way, I can save money in the long run and have very extreme tires off road, and very smooth tires on road (best of both worlds).
Like Super Man and Clark Kent.lol....im just thinking out loud here, sorry
Brian

Back