• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

What aftermarket radiator is best (2 core/3 core) what manu???

dothedew24_7 said:
heres a thread I had on that a while back
http://www.naxja.org/forum/showthread.php?t=34742
hth

thanks.. The aux fan just kicks on and kicks on and then kicks off. I want a fan that I can also run when I turn the engine off, but leave the key forward to run everything but turn on the starter. Is it bad to be under 200-210 for the 4.0L? I heard that 160 or so will mean your vehicle is in the start up/warm up mode and you will run rich. Is there any benefit to not running a t-stat to stay cool? I removed mine when I was overheating and it ran at about a 1/4 guage 150 F or so on the highway and when I slowed down to residentual streets, the temp climbed fast with the loss of fluid/leak in the radiator.
Troy

yeah I have it wired so that I can turn the fan on without having to have the engine running. Makes it nice to be able to keep air on the engine after a hard climb while you take a break.

My vote is for the CSF 3-row from www.dpgoffroad.com

When I received mine, the filler neck was bent out of round, and Dirk sent me out a new one the same day without any hassle.

The rad has been doing awesome and I wouldnt go with another one.

Just remember to replace your fan clutch, thermostat, hoses, and all that other jazz. Maybe add a trans cooler at the same time.

Fergie

Fergie said:
My vote is for the CSF 3-row from www.dpgoffroad.com

When I received mine, the filler neck was bent out of round, and Dirk sent me out a new one the same day without any hassle.

The rad has been doing awesome and I wouldnt go with another one.

Just remember to replace your fan clutch, thermostat, hoses, and all that other jazz. Maybe add a trans cooler at the same time.

Fergie

How easy/hard was the install? Is the 3 row thick and is it hard to fit the 2 fans? Does this radiator come with a trans cooler? Do the stock radiators come with the trans cooler integrated into the radiator or are they seperate?

Big Red said:
How easy/hard was the install? Is the 3 row thick and is it hard to fit the 2 fans? Does this radiator come with a trans cooler? Do the stock radiators come with the trans cooler integrated into the radiator or are they seperate?

Install was easy as I removed the whole front clip. Yes, that takes a bit more time, but makes it much easier.

The CSF is thicker, so make sure your motor mounts are good so you dont trash a new radiator. Also, make sure you get the fan clutch from the dealer if you use a CSF. The ones from NAPA are bigger and you may contact the rad.

It has the integrated trasn cooler like the stock rad, but you can run an aux cooler by splicing it in after the rad.

Make sure your fans and shrouds are in before you put the new rad in, that way you wont damage the fins of the rad trying to squeeze it in.

Fergie

Thanks Fergie for the advice and others like Rich etc. You guys are really helpful. :) I just ordered the CSF 3 row from DPG for $155 plus $17 shipping. I talked to Dirk and he walked me through stuff as have you guys.
Troy

Last edited:
Back