• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Well, I got laid off!!

MJR said:
That does suck Robert but he does have a point. I remember being fired and collecting unemployment for 8 months. You know what I did? Went wheeling for several weeks with Handlebars to Pismo, Sierra's, etc... Don't worry about it iff you can make some cutbacks and get by without stressing take your time.
Good attitude Mike. I like the way you think.

Well I don't know who needs what job wise, but the other day I saw about 5 jobs posted "inhouse", if those aren't filled they will go outside....
So if anyone is interested.... willing to move the the F'n hot desert here is the site. http://www.cvwd.org/ (click on the guy in the orange hard hat)
Only one job right now, but keep checking it once a week or so....
I'll be starting my 24th. yr. in Feb. People always need water in the desert...

Being laid off right before X-Mas would suck..... I hate X-Mas as it is.....
Good Luck in the job search.....

Curt

rpraterxj said:
What a great Christmas present from WaMu! After 5.5 years of service, I was a part of a "reduction in force" yesterday. over 3200 people company wide!

Back in 1985, I was laid two weeks before Christmas so that the company could replace me with with a minimum wage grunt. I spent a year building that company's duplication facility, establishing procedures and training techs. My thank you was being told I was making too much money.

Got another job in January doing virtually the same thing. Three guesses what my Christmas present was for 1986? Yup. Got fired a week before Xmas.

Brother that sucks! If there is anything we can do for ya please ask.

On a good note your ass better call me if you are in town! I got a cold beer waiting for ya!

Leep said:
I think what we need is to create a post much like the craigslist post. There are many that are either looking for a new job or have just gotten laid off. There are also many that know of a place the is looking for someone.

Just my .02 worth.

Leep
I agree, knowing what jobs are out there and easily attainable could be priceless. Nothing like a warm lead to help some brothers out! A sticky entitled "SoCal Employment Openings" or something similar might rock!

Skwerly said:
I agree, knowing what jobs are out there and easily attainable could be priceless. Nothing like a warm lead to help some brothers out! A sticky entitled "SoCal Employment Openings" or something similar might rock!

Lets do it!

Remi?

X 3,

Sorry Robert.
Wish ya the best. Something will come up soon.

Kejtar said:
you sure you don't want to run it by Cracker? He seems to have a coronary everytime a sticker comes up :D

I think that you put it to him quite bluntly to get his freakin nose out of our business!!! It is requested BY our group to help benifet our group for those of us that have lost our jobs! He doesn't like it he can KISS OUR ARSES!!!!

erikwylie said:
I think that you put it to him quite bluntly to get his freakin nose out of our business!!! It is requested BY our group to help benifet our group for those of us that have lost our jobs! He doesn't like it he can KISS OUR ARSES!!!!
LOL..... no worries... I did the sticky as soon as I post but I could not resist the comment ;) I like the way you're thinking though :D

Thanks for all of the support gang.

I am in Georgia and have limited access this week. And Bo, time is short and days are packed with family things or I would try to hook-up. I am over in Gainesville, about 2 hours from you.

Anyways, I am a Techniology Manager - specifically a Service Delivery/Vendor Manager. I have experience in Project Managemetn, Customer Service (Help Desk), and team management. Used to be a Sys Admin/engineer, but that was long ago. I don't remember Active Directory or scripts.... I am not a programmer or web guy. Strictly management person.

I have over 11 years IT experience, 4 years in the Navy, plus alot of training and BS degree in Business Management. I am attending University of Phoenix for my MBA, which I will complete in Nov. 2009.

Looking to stay within OC if possible, but will consider other opportunities, if the job/pay is good.

Hope this helps.

I will be back next Monday night. I will call a couple of you on Tuesday in response to your post here.

Thanks again everyone!

No worries brother. Give me a holler if you get some free time. We can meet for lunch or something if not no biggie.

rpraterxj said:
Anyways, I am a Techniology Manager - specifically a Service Delivery/Vendor Manager. I have experience in Project Managemetn, Customer Service (Help Desk), and team management. Used to be a Sys Admin/engineer, but that was long ago. I don't remember Active Directory or scripts.... I am not a programmer or web guy. Strictly management person.

I have over 11 years IT experience, 4 years in the Navy, plus alot of training and BS degree in Business Management. I am attending University of Phoenix for my MBA, which I will complete in Nov. 2009.

Looking to stay within OC if possible, but will consider other opportunities, if the job/pay is good.

:geek: PM me if you would consider moving to 29 Palms.:badpc:

Your Naval service could help you with a veterans preferance.

jjmat3 said:
So was that the last time you got laid?!

By how many woman at once?

I know Hertz is hiring for counter saels reps and drivers during the season. It may only be seasonal, but it'd be something to get you by while you find something else. Sales pays $10/hr plus bonus based on "revenue management". Basically commission off any options you sell. If you get into an airport, life will be super hectic but bonuses will have huge potential based on the number of people you'll be seeing everyday, or resorts are good too. Not as busy, but lots of people on vacation, usually with money and wanting to not worry about anything...

Back