• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Welding Question.

Chero-King said:
They're just a beauty ring with bolts.

Wow! That's cool.....that means they will work on alloy rims , too!

everyone execpt Chero-KING

by the way how much paint would i have to grind off of my black steelies if i went the miller route

Be careful if mounting them on Spinners.
The serated edges scratched the shit out of mine.

CRASH said:
Want that tough beadlock appearance without breaking the bank? Well, here is what you need. If you have steel wheel you can make them look just like beadloacks. Plus, these are DOT legal, beadlock wheels aren't. These rings are for 15" steel wheels only!

Why, pray, are beadlocks not DoT approved, anyhow? I've been wondering that for some time...

5-90

5-90 said:
Why, pray, are beadlocks not DoT approved, anyhow? I've been wondering that for some time...

5-90
Don't go screwing up a perfectly good bullshit thread with a real question.

kid4lyf said:

Can't help it - it's just who I are...

Got an answer for me? Preferably not "smartasstic?" I have been wondering about this for a few years - although damn little that DoT does/dosn't do don't make a whole lot of sense to me...

5-90

kid4lyf said:

I agree.

5-90 said:
Can't help it - it's just who I are...

Got an answer for me? Preferably not "smartasstic?" I have been wondering about this for a few years - although damn little that DoT does/dosn't do don't make a whole lot of sense to me...

5-90

Don't know what to tell you but my beadlocks are stamped DOT.

Jes said:
I agree.

Don't know what to tell you but my beadlocks are stamped DOT.

Curiouser and curiouser. So, DoT approves some beadlocks and not others? I'm apparently missing more than I thought...

Pehaps I should peruse FMVSS once I get a few things fixed...

5-90

I agree don't mess up a perfectly bad thread by asking a real question.
But I think to get DOT approved costs money, and they just don't sell enough of them for it to be worth it for the manufacturers to pay for the testing.....this is just a guess though.

These are must when muddin'. The bolts on the ring act as little paddles and will pull your rig through anything.

Some guy from the Chicago area who owned a YJ with 10 inches of lift who wheeled Attica countless times told me this once. I also read it somewhere on the internet.

Well I broke down and did it. I got two extras for spares since they said if I dented them I would get a flat.

BRIANHO13 said:
I agree don't mess up a perfectly bad thread by asking a real question.
But I think to get DOT approved costs money, and they just don't sell enough of them for it to be worth it for the manufacturers to pay for the testing.....this is just a guess though.

thats exactly it, DOT testing is very stringent and comprehensive... it takes money.

Back