• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Welcome Home/Wrenchfest/M&G for Brian

Okay, so I haven't posted yet because well....... I fell asleep when I got home!! My daughter was all tired and whiny and I was relaxin for a few when she climbed with me and promptly went to sleep. So, I followed suit.

All I can say about today is WOW! The support of NAXJA and its members is second to none!

Ed made the presentation this morning, and I was amazed with all of the onion sacks I had won! Then he made me move them and showed me an awesome winch bumper and winch too...:laugh3::eeks1:

To follow along with the theme of my morning, I forgot my camera, so all the pix have to come from Ed and the others, like Shrek.......

For those who don't know, I was late leaving, I blew a tire on the trailer, and didn't have time to pick up the donuts.:flame::twak:

Shaggybob and I rode around for a while in Hermitage and got some washers and 2 Fanta orange drinks. Wanna Fanta, do you wanna, wanna Fanta. Good stuff.

Oh yeah we got it all fixed up and looking/working good.

I would like to thank those who attended todays Welcome Home Brian WrenchFest. We had a great turnout with people coming from all over. Thank you to those who came and helped today.

I want to thank Shrek and Fiona (Glenn & Crystal) for letting us come and use their home today. The ladies had fun stuff going on (Thank You again Crystal) and Glenn supplied the garage for the Wrenchfest. I can't say enough good things about Shrek and his family.

We gave Brian his onion sacks as promised and he was so stoked to get them. The smile you see is a frown compared to the look on his face when he first saw the onion sacks. He was screaming like a giddy schoolgirl who just won Hanna Montana or iCarly tickets. We unfortunately missed that picture.

I will say I kept the secret for almost two months. He didn't have any idea what he won. I was unhappy with the way some of my paintowrk turned out and while talking to Brian this morning I mentioned "I wasn't happy with the paint on the bumper". OMG, I did so good and boom, blew it.

Now for something more serious and very special.

Brian made a presentation to the club also. We (NAXJA, SEC Chapter) received a "Certificate of Appreciation" from the Stallions, 278th Armored Calvary Regiment Troop A Regimental Support Squadron.

It says:

For your generous and patriotic support of Spc Brian Thurston during his deployment in support of Operation Iraqi Freedom. Your efforts on his behalf reflect your Patriotism, love of Country and Dedication to the support of our Nation's Armed Forces.

Given under my hand at Camp Taji, Iraq on this 7th day of July 2010.

Signed by Cpt. Steven Gienapp, Exectutive Officer and Cpt. Monica Ridenour, Commander.

This is a very special moment for SEC and the people that make up NAXJA. You guys work hard to make this Chapter what it is. Kudos to you all.

Hey, don't forget about the MWC. Brian and I helped him out too! :D

Seriously though, Thank you Brian for your service. I was glad to give you the Quadratec GC even though I could have blown it on my Jeep. I hope I can meet you one day. You should try to get up to Winterfest or definitely make next years Crawl, The MWC crew was welcomed with open arms by these yahoos and I'll gladly do the same! :cheers: :patriot:

And as stump said. We need Pics!

Last edited:
For those who don't know or haven't heard, here is the list of the goodies that Brian came home with:

1. T&T Rock Runner front bumper-won by BrianHO13 and traded to Spawn
2. Smittybuilt 8K winch-won by Spawn's own ticket
3. JKS $150 gift cert-won by Spawn's own ticket
4. Quadratech $100 gift cert-donated by FlexdXJ
5. Detours $50 gift cert-donated by Shaggybob
6. Smittybuilt tow strap

For those who don't know or haven't heard, here is the list of the goodies that Brian came home with:

1. T&T Rock Runner front bumper-won by BrianHO13 and traded to Spawn
2. Smittybuilt 8K winch-won by Spawn's own ticket
3. JKS $150 gift cert-won by Spawn's own ticket
4. Quadratech $100 gift cert-donated by FlexdXJ
5. Detours $50 gift cert-donated by Shaggybob
6. Smittybuilt tow strap

KGP dropped off some parts the other night and mentioned that Spawn had asked about a header panel he had before he was deployed. So I threw it in the truck and that is what you can see behind the bumper in the pic. He now has headlights and turn signals.

its good to see Glenn (shrek) was there too in the back watching things
4935193304_328af9d071_z.jpg

Who's got more pix?? Mark?? Ed?? Shrek??
I guess thats what I get for leaving my camera at home :hang:

Who's got more pix?? Mark?? Ed?? Shrek??
I guess thats what I get for leaving my camera at home :hang:

Yea the picture response in this thread is weak at best!!!!

Here are a few shots...

Before.
102_1695.jpg

During.
102_1712.jpg

After.
102_1711.jpg

Here is the best shot I have of the Certificate presented to the SEC. Thanks Brian!!!
102_1704.jpg

102_1705.jpg

I had a great time. Thanks to all!!

You mean no one had a grill or some light fixures for that poor front end?

lol

Mark

Mark 1 : thanks for the pix, i will have some of my own up tomorrow

Mark 2 : I chose not to install the buckets, grill, and corners so that I would have something to do myself this week. Plus, I knew that something wouldn't fit right while there and the pile of parts I have at home need to be sifted through.

Thanks again to all who attended, wrenched, donated parts and pieces, and generally commented lol!! I really didn't deserve this, but I guess my Jeep did.

:woohoo::eeks1:

You mean no one had a grill or some light fixures for that poor front end?

lol

Mark

We got him a shell and then fixed the headlights and turn signals. The headlight bezels were put in the back of the XJ for later installation. I think it looks pretty good.

A special thanks to T&T for getting the bumper built and shipped to us in less than a month from when Brian won it (we just couldn't get it installed before he got back). Rod hooked us up and the bumper went on and looks great.

Also thanks to Eric @ 4WP in Nashville for donating the winch that was won. I would encourage the SEC to support those who support us.

Oh yeah, Brian. You deserve it. Now you need to wheel it!

theres a mountain side in harlan with your name on it.. just not on trail 4.. lol

mark

Sweet!

Back