• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Welcome Home/Wrenchfest/M&G for Brian

I wonder if my family would notice if I just left for the weekend?

It would be great if you could make it. I show up in the Olds to most M&G's and even some wheeling trips and beg for a rides (Brian and Whitney gave me a seat at Golden Mountain last year).

It would be great if you could make it. I show up in the Olds to most M&G's and even some wheeling trips and beg for a rides (Brian and Whitney gave me a seat at Golden Mountain last year).

I wish! I can dream! School just called one of the offspring is sick!

I'm in for sure now. If there is anything food wise that is needed and unaccounted for let me know, preferably before 6:00 AM eastern tomorrow morning.

See y'all there.

Great news Bob!

I was thinking (if you guys want to) we might caravan over to 4WP since we need to give Eric (4WP store manager) proper thanks for helping with the raffle, of which Brian was a recipient. It's pretty close to Shrek's place.

FYI..... I will be hosting a brunch for 'da ladies. Soooo.... if your old lady is giving you a hard time about coming out tomorrow, tell her to go stuff it. Stuff her face that is! : ) I'll be serving a broccoli & cheddar quiche, a layered cobb salad, bagels with assorted cream cheeses, pastries from the bakery down the street and the most important part.... mimosas! :spin1:

~12 hrs left!!!!
still to do- i had planned on trailerin my jeep just due to the fact that i have no a/c and the fam is comin with me, so i am gonna load up tonight

- clean out jeep

Are there any tools or anything I need to bring??

Don't think so. Ed and Mark could clue us in a bit more if they think special tools will be needed. I didn't get the compressor up and going in time, I broke a part on it.

No special tools required. We might need a drill but that would be it.

I'm going to bring the Dodge since I have a bunch of stuff to haul up there. See you guys about 8am.

Excellent. Should be a fun time for sure.

AAAAAAAAAAAGGGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

i overslept.........
today of all days.........
gonna be runnin behind guys..........
:(

Leaving now. See you guys in an hour.

Brian, I guess you needed your beauty sleep?

AAAAAAAAAAAGGGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

i overslept.........
today of all days.........
gonna be runnin behind guys..........
:(

So wish I was there dude!

Leaving now. See you guys in an hour.

Brian, I guess you needed your beauty sleep?

SO how suprised was he?

Pics from today so far: Gathering, unveiling, and the before pic of spawn's xj
4935191768_9b19fa774e.jpg

4935192176_4b7c8f8e40.jpg

4934597923_3d50e560bb.jpg

4935193014_e8c919714e.jpg

What a great day.

So, did you get anything done or what? :D

Shaggybob and I rode around for a while in Hermitage and got some washers and 2 Fanta orange drinks. Wanna Fanta, do you wanna, wanna Fanta. Good stuff.

Oh yeah we got it all fixed up and looking/working good.

I would like to thank those who attended todays Welcome Home Brian WrenchFest. We had a great turnout with people coming from all over. Thank you to those who came and helped today.

I want to thank Shrek and Fiona (Glenn & Crystal) for letting us come and use their home today. The ladies had fun stuff going on (Thank You again Crystal) and Glenn supplied the garage for the Wrenchfest. I can't say enough good things about Shrek and his family.

We gave Brian his onion sacks as promised and he was so stoked to get them. The smile you see is a frown compared to the look on his face when he first saw the onion sacks. He was screaming like a giddy schoolgirl who just won Hanna Montana or iCarly tickets. We unfortunately missed that picture.

I will say I kept the secret for almost two months. He didn't have any idea what he won. I was unhappy with the way some of my paintowrk turned out and while talking to Brian this morning I mentioned "I wasn't happy with the paint on the bumper". OMG, I did so good and boom, blew it.

Now for something more serious and very special.

Brian made a presentation to the club also. We (NAXJA, SEC Chapter) received a "Certificate of Appreciation" from the Stallions, 278th Armored Calvary Regiment Troop A Regimental Support Squadron.

It says:

For your generous and patriotic support of Spc Brian Thurston during his deployment in support of Operation Iraqi Freedom. Your efforts on his behalf reflect your Patriotism, love of Country and Dedication to the support of our Nation's Armed Forces.

Given under my hand at Camp Taji, Iraq on this 7th day of July 2010.

Signed by Cpt. Steven Gienapp, Exectutive Officer and Cpt. Monica Ridenour, Commander.

This is a very special moment for SEC and the people that make up NAXJA. You guys work hard to make this Chapter what it is. Kudos to you all.

SWEET!

Back