• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Weekend is over...what did you get done?

Actually it was 5 years ago. Wow, time flies.

http://www.naxja.org/forum/showthread.php?t=1034125&highlight=floor+pan

I bought and picked up the floor pan from Omix-ADA in Sewanee, GA. It is a factory front floor stamping for a 1996 XJ. We trimmed the sides from the transmission tunnel. The only issue with the factory stamping is it's thin.

Raybuck makes some nice replacement panels and they are thicker. Travis used these to replace the passenger side floor on my red 1994 XJ. They look good and fit well, plus they are thicker material. I talked to the body shop employee that put them in and he said they were really nice panels and fit great.

Damn.... I had no idea it had been that long. I remember it now. So basically you are saying it was a PITA and to talk to a body shop and use Raybuck panels.....????

Jealous! Details man! Is it to part out?

Probably. Unless someone wants a dedicated trail rig for around $1200. The title is tied up in some crazy situation. We'll have to see what I can do with it.

It's 4wd, unknown miles, AX15, 4.0, NP231, 30/35(I think)

Green, bone stock.

Dirt cheap.

Probably. Unless someone wants a dedicated trail rig for around $1200. The title is tied up in some crazy situation. We'll have to see what I can do with it.

It's 4wd, unknown miles, AX15, 4.0, NP231, 30/35(I think)

Green, bone stock.

Dirt cheap.

Mechanic's lean..... Takes time but works in SC.

I'll be getting the title but it's already been signed by someone else but it was never transferred into their name...

We'll see if it's worth all that.

In NC, if it was never transferred then the person who owns it is the person who is still on the original title. Not sure if your buying it from the person who forgot to register the transfer or the person who decided not to sell to that person.

If it's the person who forgot to get it transferred then they just need to transfer it to get the new title then sell it to you.

If it's the person who deiced not to sell it to that person then they still own it. They can just get a duplicate title from the DMV. Then sell it to you like they never tried to before...

Again this is NC, not SC. But I've been threw it here before.

In NC, if it was never transferred then the person who owns it is the person who is still on the original title. Not sure if your buying it from the person who forgot to register the transfer or the person who decided not to sell to that person.

If it's the person who forgot to get it transferred then they just need to transfer it to get the new title then sell it to you.

If it's the person who deiced not to sell it to that person then they still own it. They can just get a duplicate title from the DMV. Then sell it to you like they never tried to before...

Actually my 98 I bought had a sighed title from NC. I went to the DMV with insurance and tax receipt and they gave me a new title.

It's been through 2 owners since the title was signed. I'm going to fill out a bill of sale and see if I can doctor the signature and see if it makes it happen. If not, I'll part it out.

Actually my 98 I bought had a sighed title from NC. I went to the DMV with insurance and tax receipt and they gave me a new title.

It's been through 2 owners since the title was signed. I'm going to fill out a bill of sale and see if I can doctor the signature and see if it makes it happen. If not, I'll part it out.

Sounds like SC is pretty easy to work over.

NC has to be signed and notarized by seller.
Buyer just fills in there info and turns it into the DMV.

Sounds like SC is pretty easy to work over.

NC has to be signed and notarized by seller.
Buyer just fills in there info and turns it into the DMV.

Same here except notary isn't necessary.

Fill out 1 form at the DMV and sign the title. That's it.

The problem is that the title is already signed and it's not my name. lol

Same here except notary isn't necessary.

Fill out 1 form at the DMV and sign the title. That's it.

The problem is that the title is already signed and it's not my name. lol

And my title was signed and it wasn't my name and it wasn't they guy I bought it from. It was the guy he bought it from in NC. I just took the title with the tax receipt to the DMV and paid my fee's.

And my title was signed and it wasn't my name and it wasn't they guy I bought it from. It was the guy he bought it from in NC. I just took the title with the tax receipt to the DMV and paid my fee's.

Hmm, maybe I'll get lucky.

But I don't think it really matters. I already have a buyer lined up for the engine for more money than I paid for the whole thing so.... It's most likely a part out.

Damn.... I had no idea it had been that long. I remember it now. So basically you are saying it was a PITA and to talk to a body shop and use Raybuck panels.....????

No, it's definitely a do it yourself job. You can probably weld better than I can too and that will help.

The Raybuck panels are thicker and less prone to warping. Either will work though.

Removed the roof rack and sold it, ordered some vents to make hood vents, ordered paint to start the paint.

Well, you'll all be pleased to know that the 95 5-speed will live to see another day as the seller sold it out from under me this morning.

Also, the Class C RV that was I was going to purchase turned out to be a completely rotted out mess.

I was in my XJ and a lifted JK passed me with a girl driver. She Jeep-waved first. I almost ran off the road I was so shocked.

Back