• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Weekend is over...what did you get done?

Installed SUPER chitty hood pins on the Jeep instead of replacing the hood latch cable... Either going to try to find some quality Hood pins or replace the cable. Or both...

Spent half my life savings on a sweet sectional sofa that does everything but go to work for you.

Me and April both went and got tattoos.

That is all.

Finally got some decent weather and time to clean the over 2 months worth of salt off the Jeep, and cleaned my IAC...again...so now I can actually stop normally for a light rather than standing on the brake or having to keep tapping the gas to get it to un-stick. Parents came down today and took me out to lunch and mom began to tell me how her Jeep's been "squeeling, getting bad gas mileage, and running like crap" lately. She just hit 100K a couple of months ago, and I planned on doing the 100K service to it come spring....looks like that'll be next weekend instead.

Other than that, enjoyed watching the super bowl with some friends...not looking forward to having to get up for work in the morning.

Finally got some decent weather and time to clean the over 2 months worth of salt off the Jeep, and cleaned my IAC...again...so now I can actually stop normally for a light rather than standing on the brake or having to keep tapping the gas to get it to un-stick. Parents came down today and took me out to lunch and mom began to tell me how her Jeep's been "squeeling, getting bad gas mileage, and running like crap" lately. She just hit 100K a couple of months ago, and I planned on doing the 100K service to it come spring....looks like that'll be next weekend instead.

Other than that, enjoyed watching the super bowl with some friends...not looking forward to having to get up for work in the morning.

IAC huh?
Mine sticks bad and requires constant attention, the wife and I have gotten used to having to stab the throttle all the time. I'll look into doing that.

Took the front diff cover off and looked at the gears and locker. Everything looked good (other than the muddy water looking oil that came out) so I put the cover on and filled it back up (new oil). Still makes a 'whine' sound that concerns me when (changes directly with speed and sounds like gear whine to me) I drive it. Need to get the mud tires on and balanced soon and still haven't done the sway bar connects yet...

damn steelers...

It was a nice sunny Sunday so I tore into the column and fixed my tilt steering. The cable popped out of the aluminum T. Had to force the cable in and recrimp it. Also put the inspection cover back on the aw4 right that a shop didn't know how to bolt it up right. Also added a few stickers to the back.

IAC huh?
Mine sticks bad and requires constant attention, the wife and I have gotten used to having to stab the throttle all the time. I'll look into doing that.

Yup. Mine requires a cleaning once a month on average. I haven't had a chance to clean it in about 3 months, so it was sticking pretty good. Glad i'm not the only one who has the same problems. I refuse to pay $50 for a new one when I can take 10 minutes and clean this one...repeatedly.

Call me crazy, but I'd rather pull 10 at the junkyard and spend 5 bucks each than pay 50 for one new one.

Those are odds I like.

I wasn't aware it was even a problem really. That would probably explain the CEL....

Electric contact cleaner or brake cleaner usually work?

Oh...and my damn header bolts are loose AGAIN!!!! The sound of exhaust leakage is a peeve of mine from WAYYY Back. I'll have to get long bolts and double nut them this year when it's warmer and I feel like taking on that task.

Call me crazy, but I'd rather pull 10 at the junkyard and spend 5 bucks each than pay 50 for one new one.

Those are odds I like.

Problem with that is the odds of finding a late model XJ with the correct IAC are slim to none in this area. And the one that is around the corner from my parents house, that usually keeps a good supply of late models, burned to the ground last week :(

Brake cleaner works just fine. Get an old toothbrush and scrub off the stubborn parts. What I usually do is pull the entire throttle body off, pull the IAC, TPS, and MAP sensors off and clean the IAC and Throttle body real good with brake cleaner.

I had my first day off since I started the Goodyear job yesterday. Went and scouted the JY. Found some projector fog lights that I brought home (will retrofit into something), spied some parts for a taurus we are fixing the front end, possibly going back for a 97+ center console to swap in the Jeep, and also spied some wheels for the soon to be DD. Hopefully someone is picking those up tomorrow for me.

Also washed/waxed/de-pin-striped the Civic I drove in high school and going to buy back from my dad. That 30mpg+ is rocking my socks right now!!!

today my friends was a good day.....
IMAG0052.jpg

Pretty nice day here... My 3yr old son and I had some Jeep time, He helped me pull the fender flares. Basically he picked up all the broken bolts, which was every single one of them, lol. Next we did the front brakes, and then I fixed the window regulator with stiegs repair kit. Was a good day :)

Horay! Progress!

I don't think I'll have a problem with bending this stuff. I'm pretty sure the heim will break off before it bends. I imagine I'll be able to jack the Jeep off the ground by they tie rod. lol It doesn't hit anything at all from lock to lock! She's gunna be ready to go in as soon as I get back from the Gulches run.

503070934_photobucket_29397_.jpg

503070934_photobucket_29399_.jpg

503070934_photobucket_29400_.jpg

The only thing I can't figure out is if I want to go thru the trouble of making all of these joints double shear... I really wouldn't be that difficult just time consuming. Might as well, eh?

503070934_photobucket_29426_.jpg

Last edited:
Back