• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Want to feel like a hack? Here's a link.

CRASH

NAXJA Forum User
NAXJA Member
A bit of overkill for a DD..oh, wait. It says race truck. Yeah, I guess that'll do.

J/K :laugh3: :laugh3: :laugh3:

Nice welds.

Doc beat me to it.

IFS sucks for flex (so I hear). Wouldn't mind that rear axle, though.

If money was no object, I couldn't come up with something that clever. Look at the details in those pics (there's over 200 pics there). Look at the use of tube in compression and tension applications mixed with constructed box sections. That is very high end design, FEAed to be sure.

Not the rear engine, through the automatic, to a V-drive, and back to the offset Chrisman 10.5" housing.

Got 46 spline?

This IS the truck Jesus would drive.

BrettM said:
another one that leaves me drooling on the keyboard:
QUOTE]

Hey, get back to work, you're late for JV!

CRASH said:
If money was no object, I couldn't come up with something that clever. Look at the details in those pics (there's over 200 pics there). Look at the use of tube in compression and tension applications mixed with constructed box sections. That is very high end design, FEAed to be sure.
If money was no object you could take all the classes you need to get smart on Cad-cam programs that would help you be a lot more clever. Also if thats what you did for a living and it's all you did...You would learn what works and what doesn't.

Still though.....

DrMoab said:
if thats what you did for a living and it's all you did...You would learn what works and what doesn't.

Still though.....
There's a difference though. Knowing what works and what doesn't is following last years leader.
This is cutting edge shit.
Saying "this should work bettter than what we know works..."
Next year those who rely on what they know works or doesn't will be pointing at this truck.

DrMoab said:
If money was no object you could take all the classes you need to get smart on Cad-cam programs that would help you be a lot more clever. Also if thats what you did for a living and it's all you did...You would learn what works and what doesn't.

Still though.....

I like their use of lightening holes. My dad's a pilot. I did a lot of go-ferring around private aircraft. I was always fasinated by the 'lightning' holes. I never could figure out what they had to do with lightning :laugh3:

I get a laugh out of the car manufacturing big wigs when they whine about the added cost of safety items. Well, heck! If my car cost $250,000 I could hit a wall at 200mph and live. As it is in the real world, I can't expect to walk away at anything over 35. Capable design speaks for itself, and has its own beauty.

DrMoab said:

Still though.....

I work with CAD/CAM geniuses.

They couldn't design their way out of a fuel cell, nor are they clever in any way. Their goal is applying designs to manufacturing processes. Design is part: art, engineering, experience, and imagination.

Yes, I could build a Trophy Truck.

It might even look half-nice when I was done.

I would lose every race I entered, break a lot of parts, and probably kill myself along the way.

As a clever guy once said "A man has got to know his limitations."

XJ Dreamin' said:
I like their use of lightening holes. My dad's a pilot. I did a lot of go-ferring around private aircraft. I was always fasinated by the 'lightning' holes. I never could figure out what they had to do with lightning :laugh3:

I get a laugh out of the car manufacturing big wigs when they whine about the added cost of safety items. Well, heck! If my car cost $250,000 I could hit a wall at 200mph and live. As it is in the real world, I can't expect to walk away at anything over 35. Capable design speaks for itself, and has its own beauty.

Each one of those holes is made with a dimple die, effectively stiffening the panels as well.

BrettM said:
another one that leaves me drooling on the keyboard:

So, this is what I need to add so I can jump my Jeep? :scared:

CRASH said:
I would lose every race I entered, break a lot of parts

How is that any different than Robby Gordon???

:)

Back