• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Want to borrow ball joint press

rpraterxj

NAXJA Forum User
Hey gang,

I am looking to borrow a ball joint press this week. I need it Tuesday. Please let me know if your are local (OC) and if you are available tomorrow for me to grab it.

My only other choice is to rent one from a parts store. I don't want to buy one because I would not use it again (hopefully).

Thanks,

rpraterxj said:
Hey gang,

I am looking to borrow a ball joint press this week. I need it Tuesday. Please let me know if your are local (OC) and if you are available tomorrow for me to grab it.

My only other choice is to rent one from a parts store. I don't want to buy one because I would not use it again (hopefully).

Thanks,

Robert,

Go to Harbour Freight and get theirs. It also does U-joints which you will use all the time. I think I paid $25

my $0.02

-Avery

Last edited:
rpraterxj said:
Hey gang,

You're welcome to swing by and pick mine up.

Thanks,
You will use it. It's a handy tool to have: you can use it on ujoints, ball joints and plenty other things.

Anyways this price is a STEAL http://www.harborfreight.com/cpi/ctaf/displayitem.taf?Itemnumber=38335

Should you get it though I have the set of 4x4 ball joint adapters which make the job a lot of easier. Anyways, gimme a holler one way or another.

Btw, how's the finger?

Thanks guys. I will just go over to HF tomorrow at lunch and grab one.

The finger is fine. Got all of the color back, but still tender. Fingernail looks like it will survive. I bumped the tip pretty hard last night and hurt like h@ll.

Thanks again

the only problem with the HF ball joint press is the sleeves are straight cut, you need an angled sleeve to put the lowers back in or else they get a little offset in the inner C.

I have used it with the adaptor and it seems to work fine... it removes the well though..

Rob, I have one but I am out of town right now in AZ I will be back tonight if you want to stop by tomorrow.

Michael

You can try Autozone. They will loan you one for free. Basically you buy it as a deposit, & return it for a full refund.

Rob

Back