• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Want a woody?

As much as those things are going for on that site, there are a few other companies selling them for just as much, and they're getting it.

The difference between ones you find on craigslist vs buying from those guys is that they meticulously go through everything on them to return them to showroom condition. They also do many modern updates, and all those things add up.

There are way more rotted & beat Wagoneers out there than pristine survivors. As mentioned before in this thread, diehard collectors are sometimes after certain years (many the final edition 91) and colors, and there aren't a ton of them left.

I think it's nuts and can't afford one, but if you think about how much money people do spend on vehicles that will sit in a garage, these are relatively cheap compared to many others. It's ironic that 10 years back you could barely give some of them away, and now the good ones left are fetching a premium price.

As much as those things are going for on that site, there are a few other companies selling them for just as much, and they're getting it.

The difference between ones you find on craigslist vs buying from those guys is that they meticulously go through everything on them to return them to showroom condition. They also do many modern updates, and all those things add up.

There are way more rotted & beat Wagoneers out there than pristine survivors. As mentioned before in this thread, diehard collectors are sometimes after certain years (many the final edition 91) and colors, and there aren't a ton of them left.

I think it's nuts and can't afford one, but if you think about how much money people do spend on vehicles that will sit in a garage, these are relatively cheap compared to many others. It's ironic that 10 years back you could barely give some of them away, and now the good ones left are fetching a premium price.

I hope that XJs will enjoy a similar surge in value. I think I'll go to my broker (junk yard) and invest in some more 'precious metal'!

I bet low mileage rust free originals will someday sell for a premium...(not $50k) but for a lot more than they're going for now. I've recently seen an upswing in XJ prices. In fact, there are 2 or 3 for sale locally (at dealers) and they're asking $9,900.

I bet the Briarwood, Wagoneer editions, Country, & Limited models will some day get $$.

There are a few XJ's online here in Utah between 10-12k, some are stock, some are "Moab ready" as the titles state... Either way I got my 92' in stock trim and 125k miles for $700 off a college kid... guess when you need books you need books right?

The fact you own a Saturn Vue makes your opinion on anything relevant null and void. :D
I know you were sort of kidding but since i feel like i sold my masculinity everytime i drive it, i feel the need to defend myself :D
it was dirt cheap, in excellent condition, inconspicuous, gets close to 30mpg, fits a ton of shit in the back, fits 4 comfortably, and is bulletproof (ecotech 2.2/5 speed). it's great for mountain biking trips.

Back