• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Walker Valley Run 4/24

How tame is Walker Valley?? Don't wanna get my XJs ass kicked too badly.
It's not bad, had a couple friends up last time run it without much more than a few scratches and a little high-centering here and there. One was stock with 30's, another on a 2" BB and 31's trimmed. Darin managed to make it everywhere in his bone-stock TJ X on 235's, however he doesn't care about the sheetmetal too much and his rockers reflect that now :laugh2:

I should be able to make this provided my clutch arrives on the 20th as it's supposed to, and I can get it installed and broken in before the weekend. I check in off leave on the 24th, so it should be doable :)

Well I might try to make this then.

The girlfriend used to go to school at WWU, so the drive to Bellingham is one I'm used to, haven't been up that way in awhile anyways.

Sounds like it could be fun, I'd definitely be interested if I'm free next weekend.

How tame is Walker Valley?? Don't wanna get my XJs ass kicked too badly.

I'm only running 31's and sliders. I didn't have any body damage last time. It will be nice to have someone else along that's not looking to get there ass kicked too bad.

See every one Saturday at 10am.

-John

I'm only running 31's and sliders. I didn't have any body damage last time. It will be nice to have someone else along that's not looking to get there ass kicked too bad.

See every one Saturday at 10am.

-John
Not to scare anyone, but my last time up there was my first time in a while without some kind of damage... heh. Folded over all the control arms one time (didn't see the stump covered in mud at the top of the Expressway rock garden), then the second got a nasty flat 10 minutes into the trail (was so pissed I ran it til it peeled off the rim 2 hours later), and then time before last I smacked it into a tree and dented up the passenger doors... but that's what you get for following a crazed leadfoot friend in a WJ up a quad trail in the rain.

you guys think a stock hight xj with street tires could do it? lol

guess i wont go then.

In the summer I would say do it, if you had rockers. But we have been getting a bunch of rain up here this past week and Walker Valley tends to stay wet and very slick for a while.

-Alex

Back