• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Walker Valley November 8th

Thanks guys, I had a lot of fun. My buddy Mick (blue TJ) had a lot of fun also, although some Hispanic guy called his Jeep cute :laugh:. Running lower mainline in the dark was kind of hairy, but I'm new. It's apparent you've established a great working relationship with the DNR at Walker, that's really cool.
Thanks again,
-Rich

Pictures?

~Scott

I got one crappy pic with my cell phone, taken about 30 or so min after the first load of gravel went down. Normally it takes about 10 min to get to the spot where they are at in the pic.

WALKERTRAILREPAIRDAY.jpg

Man I wish I could have gone. :-/ That place is fun for my Jeep. :)

~Scott

Haha yeah that was a rough journey down.

-Alex

Your telling me. WOW!!
The trailer is now back in one piece, the bolts are all replaced and retorqued, the tailgate is strait and fits, and the rest of the bent body is reasonably strait again ;)

It will work again, but it will not see another trail!!

Michael

Your telling me. WOW!!
The trailer is now back in one piece, the bolts are all replaced and retorqued, the tailgate is strait and fits, and the rest of the bent body is reasonably strait again ;)

It will work again, but it will not see another trail!!

Michael

Ah come on, just add some tube, gussets, plate the frame. Maybe even some chromoly axles? I think it will be ready to go.:clap:

-Alex

I take it Michael bought the army trailer on craigslist?

~Scott

I take it Michael bought the army trailer on craigslist?

~Scott

No, I tried but I was too late.
I brought my "garden tractor trailer". I made a custom 15" drop hitch for it to go behind the Jeep. It worked pretty good empty (It needed a few details to work better) but as soon as you put several hundred pounds (probably way more than it is supposed to carry) of crushed rock in it, it couldn't handle the abuse of the rocks on the trail :(

In the end it was a good learning experience and a complete waste of time and effort!

Michael

No, I tried but I was too late.
I brought my "garden tractor trailer". I made a custom 15" drop hitch for it to go behind the Jeep. It worked pretty good empty (It needed a few details to work better) but as soon as you put several hundred pounds (probably way more than it is supposed to carry) of crushed rock in it, it couldn't handle the abuse of the rocks on the trail :(

In the end it was a good learning experience and a complete waste of time and effort!

Michael

All in all, I say that it was still a good learning experience. We learned that a bolt does not have enough play to act as a hitch pin? and also that your trailer was not triangulated enough to work on expressway.:D

-Alex

Last edited:
Here are the pics.
DSCN0618.jpg

This is the only one I took of the trailer. It got worse...
DSCN0624.jpg

DSCN0631.jpg

DSCN0634.jpg

The mist/fog created some interesting light as the sun went down.
DSCN0636.jpg

The rest are here.

Willy

Were you all there until darkness on purpose, or fighting some unforseen difficulties?

Were you all there until darkness on purpose, or fighting some unforseen difficulties?

It was on purpose. We didn't have any issues that took away from the wheeling.

Michael

Back