• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Waffling about tire size to run (32-33-35)

I think the 32" is a good size for our amount of lift but sometimes they seem a little small when viewed from a distance. Plus, at least here, 33's are easier to get as they are usually in stock. A 32" I always have to special order. If I had to do it all over again I would get 33's, but the 32's were left over from a previous project so thats what i'm using.

Thanks to all that replied. Much appreciated.

I think I'll stick with the smaller tires.

I'd go 33x10.5 but it seems the only thing out there is BFG.

Probably do the 32x10.5 Truxus MTs with 4.5"-5.0" BS wheels.

r@m

i run 35's on my daily driver with about 5" of lift. if you ever plan on going bigger, might as well do it now.

heres a pic to get an idea of fit...
551320_60_full.jpg

Just interested to see where you found 32x10.50 trxus mt's. I have never seen that size but if it is available, please let me know where you found them!

Atl-Atl said:
Just interested to see where you found 32x10.50 trxus mt's. I have never seen that size but if it is available, please let me know where you found them!
perhaps he is talking about one of the metric sizes: http://www.intercotire.com/html/trxus_mt___sts.htm

the 265/75r16 and the 235/85r16 are both 31.9 tall, one beind 9.3 wide, the other 10.5.

MontanaXJ said:
That ain't to likely. Check out my pic with 32x11.50 on 15x8 4"BS.
740330_29.jpg

As you can see the tire sticks out a couple of inches. To tuck it into the flare you would have to run a wheel with so much BS that you will definitly rub your control arms. You could probably run a tall 9.50 on stock rims but who wants to do that!

Greg Moonan

Don't worry about the tires sticking out a bit. U are trying to cover them and it's not worth rubbing your control arms and losing turning ability etc. I ran 31x10.50x15 and with the stock control arms and rims U definately rub. With 31's and not wheeling it much that was o.k. for me, but aftermarket lower control arms would definately help a little but it wasn't a big deal. I definately have to use TJ Sahara flares to cover up my full width hp44/9" with each tire almost completely out of the wheel well on each side. With a 12.50 tire U definately want to run a 8" rim with 4" bs or so.

Back