• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Vote now for the upcoming event in January.

I'll be in Tellico the weekend after x-mas. I don't know if I will want to go back again that soon. Why doesn't anyone want to ride Windrock or Summertown? What about Mt. Aetna, is it still open? I wish I were closer to Uwharrie, those guys seem to ride all the time.

Will Windrock and Summertown be open in January? I know Uwharrie is supposed to shut down sometime this month until spring. Beasley would be fun,but they shut down from Jan. 1st thru March 31st. How close are you to Windrock and Summertown? Think you may could find out about a closing schedule,or give me a link so I could find out? Thanks!

As far as I know Windrock is open year round and we rode Summertown last year around mid Jan. so it should be open as well. I know Summertown is putting on a huge New Years ride so I may be a week or two after that before they ride again. They only open the park every other weekend. I am about 1.5 hours from Summertown and around 3 hours from Windrock. I can check on riding at both places and I'll post what I find out tommorow. Here are some links.

http://www.wheelininthecountry.com

http://atvohio.com/Trails/CCMC.html

I just checked with some guys I know in Knoxville and Windrock is open year round as is Summertown. I sent an e-mail to Darron at Summertown and he will hopefully get back to me soon about what dates the park will be open in Jan. and Feb.

Cool! Keep me posted and we'll try and set something up! BTW,what's the difficulty rating of each? How do they compare to the moderate trails at Tellico. That's about all I really care to do(moderate stuff). I don't care about body damage,as long as I can still make it home :lol:

Windrock has trails for all levels. You could bring your brand new VW Beetle and do some of the trails. Or you could bring your $100k hybrid and have a tough time on some of the trails(specially if it rains). If it's wet, then momentum and wheel speed are definate keys. The windmills on the mtn are an awesome sight too. It's $10 a day or $50 per year last I knew.

A great place to wheel!!!!

I'm new to this forum. I live near Tupelo, MS and love wheeln'. Iwould like to suggest a place I have been going to recently that I'm supprized nobody mentioned. Superlift Offroad Park in Hot Springs, Ar. Lots of different levels of trails in a relatively small area. And they are open all year. For more info check them out @ www.orvpark.com. I don't know where most of you live, but this is a great place. And they are reasonable with what they charge.

To the organizer of the events for this chapter. Give the manager of this park a call and he can set up a whole event catered w/food and everything for a set price of admission.

To anyone else who is intersted. If we have an organized event here, a few of the local hotels give discouts to anyone who atteds an event at the park.

Hope this helps in your search of places to wheel.

I would love to go to AR to ride...We would need to plan it as a long weekend...The long weekends are usually busy at these parks...How about trying to planning it in April...Will be inbetween some of the other stuff I have already on my plate...BTW Kevin said it would be about an 8 hour drive for us....

yeah @10hrs for me. but i'd probably stop in memphis and see graceland for the 9th time. :D
so 2badxjs hows april in that area. and think you'll make it?

AR sounds fun! Maybe coax some of the Texas toast up for a GTG/ride too?

The Superlift Park has potential to be a Good Thing.

Woody

Summertown ride

I think you should paralell post this on the Non Tech Forum too (maybe I should?)

Is there a per-vehicle or head daily fee for Summertown?

Also need good directions/location & lodging/camping info for all potential atendees.

I'm still a 'maybe' on attendance (1100 mile trip for me)

Thanks

Woody

So is it AR. ? or Summertown? or where, when? I just read 4 pages and dont know when or where. 1100 miles Woody? Is that still in the southeast? Some of you thought Uwarrie was a long way away.Guess I'll keep checking this post and see if a plan is made.But, if we are planning a ride in Jan. we need to get on it. Feb. will be here quickly and we may as well just go to Attica.

I'm in for the 18th. Summertown is in Columbia, TN. It's about an hour or so SW of Nashville. I believe Woody means it's an 1,100 mile round trip. You guys can make it, I will make at least one venture to Uwharrie next year just to keep it fair :D. Last time I was there it was $20 per vehicle per day. They have camping, food, an indoor shop with air tools and welders and the people there are super friendly. Hotels and Motels aren't far away either.

Back