• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Vibes with new sye and cv driveshaft??

I had the same sort of issues. By installing the lower gears your making the driveshaft spin at a higher RPM, thus making the vibration more noticeable. I had a driveshaft shop that is actually pretty well known and in a couple writeups build me a rear DS. When I worked at the old local offroad shop they were all we used. They worked great. However this time the first was way out of balance. Called them and they sent me a second, same thing. I took it to Precision Drive Line in Phoenix and they said it was so out of balance they couldn't even fix it. Something about it warping during the welding, plus using a poor quality slip yoke. Sent them back and luckily got my money back and had Precision build me a new one. That solved the problem. Granted you didn't have the sye before you did the gears, the gears are making your vibration more noticable. If you look at the pinion it should point just slightly lower that the DS. If im not mistaking, 2-3 degrees or so. Correct me if im wrong folks.

I have never heard of needing to shorten a front DS. Thats a first for me. Depending on how much they shortened it, you can take the rear off, put the front on the rear and see if the vibrations change or go away. That was the first thing I did and immedietely knew that the DS's I had built were no bueno.

You shouldn't have to worry about any of this. Take it back and tell the shop to fix it. If I'm reading this correctly it should fall under the shop warranty.

did you move the vehicle any when you took the picts of the rear drive line? cause if you didnt it looks like the rear yoke is out of sync of the front yoke and that can cause vibs

What exactly do you mean by this? I just installed an IRO hack and tap SYE today and am having more vibes than I started with the same amount of lift.

your pinion angle looks good at first glance.
but i would measure pinion angle and ds angle to see where its all at

have you pulled front shaft and driven?
puled rear shaft and driven?
got the tires balanced?
checked control arm bushings, trackbar, tres?
motor mounts or tranny mount?
front shaft could be at bad angles too.
measure that as well.
make sure your tires are balanced.

your pinion angle looks good at first glance.
but i would measure pinion angle and ds angle to see where its all at

have you pulled front shaft and driven?
puled rear shaft and driven?
got the tires balanced?
checked control arm bushings, trackbar, tres?
motor mounts or tranny mount?
front shaft could be at bad angles too.
measure that as well.
make sure your tires are balanced.

I'm not the OP of this post...I simply replied to another post within this one asking what someone meant when they said by having the two yokes sync'd with eachother.

Back