• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Vegas to Reno...the Long Way

What happen to you guys? Are you running Day 2 or are you out completely?

They will start day 2 this morning.

They were leading by an hour or so and then started having fuel delivery issues. It seems that they had problems with the fuel baffle they were using breaking down (not foam).

It took them quite a bit of time to get all the junk out of the cell.
They were back on course but lost their lead. However they were now racing against check point closures and didnt make check 5, so they DNF'd for the day.

They are allowed one DNF for the 3 day race. Time will be added to their overall time for the DNF (12 hrs. I think)

Eric

Last edited:
Total bummer RIP...

Word is that it was a heart attack.

Thanks for the update, I haven't gotten the details from my buddy, just a text yesterday afternoon......nothing online about it yet.

We really don't know when this race called Life is going to end......

Thanks for the update, I haven't gotten the details from my buddy, just a text yesterday afternoon......nothing online about it yet.

We really don't know when this race called Life is going to end......

It was reported on the Pirate blog, sourced from another report, that it was due to a heart attack. Real bummer for the family and team.

Sounds like lot's of fuel delivery problems. Many of the Ultra4 (KOH) cars had fuel delivery problems, vapor lock and overheated fuel pumps. Only 2 of the 12 U4 rigs finished the first leg. We'll see how many are ready to start this morning.

Best of luck to Dan, Scott and crew. I see Scott's wife is co-driving with him, nice.

1706 is on the course and we're racing.

The 1700 class is closing up the gap to one another. The 4400 cars are running a pretty tight group

At mile 365, 1736 leads, then 1706, with 1777 about 4 miles back. Hopefully the don't get caught in traffic........

Mile 387, same positions but 1777 has dropped way back.

Last edited:
At mile 435, 1736 just left Pit 3 and is leading 1706 by about 8 miles. 1777 is back at mile 403, just leaving Pit 2.

Getting ready to head out for the race...wish us luck! And root for the 1706 team!

You should be able to track the race from your computer here

-Dan

Looks like you guys are gonna finish Day2. Possibly the only finisher in the 1700 class.

'Couldn't follow day 2. Just checker IRC. Looks like the -06 and the -36 rigs are up and running. What's the story with the -77 truck?

The 1700 Cherokees are past pit 8. No more stopping. Mile 980, and the 06 car is trying to overtake the -36 car. the -36 car has been ahead all day, but the 06 car has been slowly creeping up.

Hope neither one of them has any more bad luck or a stupid attack in the next 15 miles.

EDIT: Congratulations to the 1706 and the 1736 teams. Job well done. It must have been BRUTAL out there.

Last edited:
Did they ever find out what happened with the heli crash?

Back