• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

URE 10/17/09

Just went out to the shop to see if it was an obvous leak and and easy fix. Well lesson here boys and girls is to always take tools and fluids with you. Tightened the top 4 bolts on the power stering box and the leak stopped. :shhh: :yelclap: :eek: Maybe I'll start a new workout trend and steer my tires with the engine off every other day! :gee:

funny thing is power steering without the "power" is actually harder than manual steering... i found that out the hard way on an old honda accord... my dad had my drive one back to his shop about 2 hours away that had lost presure... wow... nothing like my old crx with manual steering... jeeze and i cant imagine doing that with 42 SS's LOL wow... so why didnt you find and fix it on the trail??? :D

.. so didnt you find and fix it on the trail??? :D
Well "It's just URE" was what Lennie and I said. He took nothing and I took nothing. My tool box and spare fluids were all on the floor of the shop back at home. SO I will not do that again! I'll at least put them in the truck! :looser:

:roflmao: thats how lessons are learned... i totally understand!
Yea no doubt! I also could not see the leak because of the aux fan. I had to remove it to see if the leak was the top bolt or the actual cover. I still have ot top off the PS resivoir and bleed the system but it appears to not be leaking atm. party1:

Well "It's just URE" was what Lennie and I said. He took nothing and I took nothing. My tool box and spare fluids were all on the floor of the shop back at home. SO I will not do that again! I'll at least put them in the truck! :looser:

Unless i'm within 45 minutes of home, my spares and fluids are at least in the tow rig, if not in the jeep.

We keep a small overnight bag filled with ATF, oil, antifreeze & gear oil and a small tool bag full of flea market tools ( a mostly complete set of wrenches & sockets; They never leave the rig unless there is a trail fix in progress. Works well, you should try it!

Unless i'm within 45 minutes of home, my spares and fluids are at least in the tow rig, if not in the jeep.

We keep a small overnight bag filled with ATF, oil, antifreeze & gear oil and a small tool bag full of flea market tools ( a mostly complete set of wrenches & sockets; They never leave the rig unless there is a trail fix in progress. Works well, you should try it!

You of all people know I usually have a rig full of tools and boxes of stuff..... :moon: I was jsut too lazy to put it back in the jeep!

Been there, done that. I was wheeling the Ranger at Aetna once. The driver side motor mount broke and it ripped the power steering return line. All the fluid ran out, and no PS! I couldn't find any 3/8 hose or fluid because I didn't bring my tool box. Luckily, I was able to cut off about a half inch of hose and sorta slow the leak down enough to get off the trail and home after getting a quart of ATF from some guy... Never leave without tools and at least vital fluids! Lol. I too learned the hard way.

I just kept wheeling.

Ghost! It was good meeting you, and thanks again to you and your friend, Chubaca for helping me fix my tie rod! Man, I wish would have talked with you more about your power steering, I had everything you needed!

I've followed your build thread from the beginning and I gotta say, it's quite a bit more impressive in person, wish I would have had more time to check it out.

ehhh i wish i would have see this sooner, i prolly would have headed out that way. I was there last month, had a good time got some good trail rash. How did it go???

Josh

Ghost! It was good meeting you, and thanks again to you and your friend, Chubaca for helping me fix my tie rod! Man, I wish would have talked with you more about your power steering, I had everything you needed!

I've followed your build thread from the beginning and I gotta say, it's quite a bit more impressive in person, wish I would have had more time to check it out.

CRW_8219.jpg

:yelclap::yelclap:

Sorry I had to miss this run. :sunshine:It is only URE, but I like it. Alas, I had to stay :banghead:behind and do the “Cotton Festival” :speepin:

I am still here ED!

Yes It was great meeting you guys! I forgot one thing for you and your budies! Thank you for you service!

As for the power steering, it was just one of those things. We were more intrested in riding then messing with my rig when it went out earlyer in the day. I actually had to pull the fan and poor some more fluid in it and get it to leak again before I found exactly where it was coming from. No big deal here but there it would have dumped fluid everywhere. The one nice thing is a lot of it is on the front axle so the mud did nto stick too well to it! I hope we can get together some time and ride together soon. Chewy: aka Lennie is a trip! :wierd:

Back