• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

uneven front end

Ok here is the answer for you guys ;)
Take a look and the spring perchs on the axle and you will see they are at different heights!!! The left side is nearly an 1" higher to clear the side the the diff housing. Why in the hell the right side was not just made higher to match is beyond me ??? I just added a 1" spacer to the top of the coil that I made to even it up. See my site if you want to do the same or use a couple of extra coil isolators. You will also see there how to centre your axle with the re-drill method.

www.go.jeep-xj.info

Gojeep said:
Ok here is the answer for you guys ;)
Take a look and the spring perchs on the axle and you will see they are at different heights!!! The left side is nearly an 1" higher to clear the side the the diff housing. Why in the hell the right side was not just made higher to match is beyond me ??? I just added a 1" spacer to the top of the coil that I made to even it up. See my site if you want to do the same or use a couple of extra coil isolators. You will also see there how to centre your axle with the re-drill method.

www.go.jeep-xj.info

Really? Don't the coils seat at the same height though? I just got my front lift on today and have about a 1" lean to the passengers side. Used Rusty's 3" coils and RE ~2" spacer, kept isolators. Coils supposedly gave the last owner a full 3". I ended up with about 3.5/4.5" of lift. Lift coils looked to be the same height before I put them on. Stockers I pulled off are the same uncompressed also. Was level before lift. Most likely 1 coil is sagged?? What should I do? Anyone have one 3/4"-1" spacer they would sell?

xjfish said:
Really? Don't the coils seat at the same height though? I just got my front lift on today and have about a 1" lean to the passengers side. Used Rusty's 3" coils and RE ~2" spacer, kept isolators. Coils supposedly gave the last owner a full 3". I ended up with about 3.5/4.5" of lift. Lift coils looked to be the same height before I put them on. Stockers I pulled off are the same uncompressed also. Was level before lift. Most likely 1 coil is sagged?? What should I do? Anyone have one 3/4"-1" spacer they would sell?

An inch was what I was told but looks closer to 1/2" to me though. All coils I have ever fitted here made in Australia all have one side slightly taller which is marked to fit on the right side. I find that even then it does not level it enough and I always add another isolator or spacer that I make up myself to that side. The torque of the engine is always compressing that side too which might have already been mentioned.

I noticed a couple weeks ago my Jeep leans to the side also. The passenger side is 3/4" lower than the driver side. I know everything is done right so guess its just what bgcntry72 said about the torque thing. I'll just buy another spacer to put in.

Back