• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

UBolt eliminators

It was august last time I placed an order Things could have changed since then.

Every thing I've ordered from them came pretty quick. Keep trying they have awesome customer service. I had a messed up order and it was fixed and shipped over night free of charge.

The customer service has been horrible...I left 3 messages and the last one of course got their answering machine again so I cancelled the order last Monday. Apparently no one listens to the messages because on Friday my order shows up (2 weeks after I ordered) and was for the wrong axle tube diameter. Oh yah still no response from T&T……Oh do I sound frustrated!!!:dunno:So on the same Monday I cancelled the T&T order I ordered an 8.8 swap kit from Ruff Stuff and the parts were at my door in 2 days and they were CORRECT.

Does anyone know if T&T is always like this or if I just the lucky one that’s getting screwed? After this experience I doubt I’ll be buying from them again and that sucks because I like their Y-Link and that was going to be my next purchase.

***********BEWARE OF T&T CUSTOMS CUSTOMER SERVICE**********

I've heard that T&T is a small operation and spend their time fabbing and tend to neglect customer service. That is why I get their products from third parties, they can deal with the customer service issues, and keep me happy.

I modified the UBE to fit with very little effort. The 8.8 is in and bolted up. T&T has a nice product, just no customer service.

i haven't seen any mention of this yet, so i'll ask:
is there any strength concern with the welds between the ube's and the axle housing being all that's keeping the axle under the jeep? i can't find a single instance of this being a problem, but i'm considering a set and just don't want to worry about my axle ripping loose on a trail somewhere because of failed welds.
(as a footnote, i would be having someone very experienced weld them up for me)

I wouldn't be concerned... All the front axles and rear coil Jeeps do fine with no u-bolts.

Welding is good, welding is strong.

Mike

I wouldn't be concerned... All the front axles and rear coil Jeeps do fine with no u-bolts.

Welding is good, welding is strong.

Mike
They are also held in place very differently...but otherwise, I agree, shouldn't be any problem as long as you have someone weld them on that knows what they're doing.

Held in place differently, as in having 3 'legs' on the UBE? No problem. Or held in differently as in 4 links to the axle? No problem here either. Average 4-link still has more axle welds, but I was just pointing out that it should be worry free when done correctly.

Heck, Goatman's 2-link has only 4 weld points and the rig is infamous. :)

I think we agree... but I can't tell for sure. lol

kinda a cheapass idea but could u use a second set of the spring plates to weld them to the spring perches and usin grade 8 bolts to sandwitch the springs in there?

I believe the third leg welded to the tube makes this an effective solution; 50% more welded surface when fully welded. Not to say that it coudn't be done, but one would have to think "why the extra leg on the perch?" and come to the conclusion that it needs the strength against rotational force tearing the 2 leged perch off. Dunno, just my impression.

Held in place differently, as in having 3 'legs' on the UBE? No problem. Or held in differently as in 4 links to the axle? No problem here either. Average 4-link still has more axle welds, but I was just pointing out that it should be worry free when done correctly.

Heck, Goatman's 2-link has only 4 weld points and the rig is infamous. :)

I think we agree... but I can't tell for sure. lol
Yeah we agree. :) Took me rereading to figure out that even the part we disagreed on, we actually agreed. Control arm or UBE, the axle is held in place by the welds.

Back