• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

UBolt eliminators

thanks for your reply

however, he is talking about the 1.5" wheelbase stretch you can get with the UBEs. looking at them i now see how to achieve this and still have the correct pinion angle. i didnt receive any instructions with mine and several email requests for instructions have been ignored or missed entirely.

the shock tabs actually move the shocks much higher than a mere 1.5", it's more like 4" or so from my eye measurements (which are usually within 1/8" being an old carpenter). ;)

For the record, yes I was referring to increasing the wheelbase, not added droop.

For the record, yes I was referring to increasing the wheelbase, not added droop.

dumb question for you. what is the advantage of increasing wheel base when the XJ already has what most consider a perfect number at 101.5 or so. i'mlooking to add 1.5" stretch rear and 2" front. I think this will give me a little more straight line stability on the highway when towing my 4 wheelers

im with KTM on this one. people who have them like to make a big deal out of the clearance you get. next time you truely get hung up on a u-bolt, post it here...id love to see it, as ive never seen somebody do that.

i guess they are a little "safer" then blocks. but then again, ive never seen somebody loose a block on the trail. everybody i wheel with seems to have pretty good common sense and they know how to tighten down a u-bolt after installing a little block.

and they put the same leverages on the springs that a block would.

and even if you consider it bad practice. the first time you see the u-bolts that come with the ruffstuff kit you wont be worried about replacing them if you ever remove them. everything about that kit is BEEFY.

i like TNT and all....but ruffstuff swap kit owns in this category

ruff stuff aint got a matching truss that ties in perfectly....

im not saying fashion is a top issue, but aesthetics ARE important... the trussed d44 i posted is in a 2wd.... so a smooth bottom axle isnt important, but it sure does look nice....

also, i think some people get rubbed the wrong way by these... i have no idea why...
theyre spring perches that dont use ubolts.... i like non conventional things.... so why get upset ?... and dont say you arent, because this response happens every thread. and the person usually hasnt ran them...

it's called cheap bastard response. CBR. no, not constant bit rate encoding. we're talking "i'm better than you because i know how to save XXX dollars and my stuff works and yours doesn't blah blah blah" dick measuring. delusional people who are miserable like to share the misery because they lack self-confidence. they hide it by making others feel inferior.

Do you have the correct image ?

I did not see C clamps... I did see some cheapy u-bolts used as spring clamps to prevent the springs from fanning out by spinning on the center bolt.

While they can not go too far because of the axle u-bolts they can get far enough out of alignment that the ends are not touching the leaf above them in the stack.

It really impacts your spring rate.

The only other reason to have c-clamps on the leaf springs is that when you are cutting the center bolt there can still be quite a bit of energy stored in the springs... I had a black thumb nail to prove it for about 6 weeks.

I was cutting the center bolt with the leaf laying completely on the ground... It was just laying on the garage floor. When the center bolt let go it wacked my thumb and lets just say the air turned blue... after a few seconds.. because at first it hurt too bad to even swear

im with KTM on this one. people who have them like to make a big deal out of the clearance you get. next time you truely get hung up on a u-bolt, post it here...id love to see it, as ive never seen somebody do that.

I know one big reason I built UBE's was it's faster and more convenient for me to remove my rear axle. I don't want to buy expensive 5/8" ubolts, and I got grade 8, 5/8" shank bolts free from work, along with the plate steel I used to make them. So it was really a no-brainer.

I use the 1.5" UBE and love them. I got them because the where $60 less than an 8.8 kit and I got the extra lift to boot. Depending on your lift you'll need new shocks. They move your shocks to the axle it self and do not hang below. I'd guess it would be about 4-5"s shorter shock. I went back to a shock for a 2" lift and I have 7-8" total lift in her. Mine is also set at the 1" back hole to clear the 35"s. They have 3 holes center,1 and 1.5 depending on how you mount them.

I used the same shocks and just got longer bumpstops. I am going to do a progressive bump like vetteboy has done to his. It looks like it would be a lot healthier for the chassis and the shocks/coils longterm.

I ordered mine last week ............but I have no confirmation from T&T and no one is answering the phone there since Thursday. How long did it take you guys to receive you parts?

What is so special about the antiwrap springs that I'm not seeing? All I see is some "longer then stock" perches? Am I wrong or is that all they are?

I didn't order directly from TNT. I ordered mine from Dave @ Desert Fab. He's member here AZXJ. Support our vendors.

When did you order from him? I ordered my RK 3 link from them after seeing he was a member here. Got an auto-reply saying Dave was no longer there.

I ordered mine last week ............but I have no confirmation from T&T and no one is answering the phone there since Thursday. How long did it take you guys to receive you parts?

Every thing I've ordered from them came pretty quick. Keep trying they have awesome customer service. I had a messed up order and it was fixed and shipped over night free of charge.

Back