• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

U Joint Q

lobsterdmb

Just a Lobster Minion
NAXJA Member
I am installing a RE SYE on my Jeep this weekend that I bought used. I also got a CV driveshat with it used. The one problem with the driveshaft is that the U-Joint on the pinion end of it is missing the 2 caps off of it. Should I replace the whole U-joint, if so, what size would it be? Can i just use the U-joint caps off of my stock driveshaft if they are in good shape?

Buy a new one!

New!
Buy a new U-joint, that saves you a lot of worries in the (near) future. It is always best to replace such parts completely instead of mixing new with old parts. The OEMU-joints are not supposed to be rebuilt, unless this driveshaft has CTM joints.
Arnt H. Andresen
Trondheim, Norway

U-joint for front and rear driveshafts are a 1310 or Spicer 5-153X. This the one that is at the pinion yoke.
Change out the U-joint with a new one. I should only take you about 30-45 mins.

30-45 minutes? Damn Charles, I'd hate to be behind you on the trail! :D

did it today, it took me about 20 minutes, although i didn't have to pull the drive shaft because it was my used cv shaft that is going on my jeep after my sye.

John

Back