• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

U joint bearing cap grease fittings; good or bad?

MudslinginXJ said:
I had to replace the outer u-joints in my d30 and they came with needle fitted zerks, but i cant find the attachment for the grease gun anywhere. Is there a place online where i can pick one up? I already have a grease gun.

Your local parts store should stock them [NAPA/CarQuest]. I would fork over the funds for one of the heavier needle setups. The ones that actually look like a needle are weak, and bend very easily...

*FYI - Spicer's can be had with the flush mount zerks in the endcaps - at least for some [NAPA].

-Will

i highly recomend those if you get in mud, dirt, water, etc. their main advantage is that you can flush that crap out w/ grease. that part on the front axle collects dirt. i grease them after every trip.

langer1 said:
California has every terrain in the world, mud, snow, desert, and rocks.
You can be in the desert and in 6 hrs be driving in snow and rain.

All I saw was rocks, deserts, and schwarzenegers :rof: . I'm not saying that you guys don't have wet trails, but in the southeast you can almost count on submerging your axles pretty much everytime you go out.

Lucas said:
I'm not saying that you guys don't have wet trails, but in the southeast you can almost count on submerging your axles pretty much everytime you go out.

If you like mud, you should have been here last winter. The desert was loaded with the stuff.

Less mud is a good thing. Less damage to the mechanicals, less cleaning, less maintenance and more time for wheeling.
Years ago, I liked mud. Now I hate it. YMMV

I hate mud too (nevermind the av pic), but that's my point. A lot of time in the south, there is simply no way around it. Joints get soaked pretty much everytime.

Back