• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

u-bolt conversion ...

Devilfrog

NAXJA Forum User
So I had a broken bolt on my LP D30 yoke ... I tried drilling them out and it seemed OK until I went to put the nuts on ... no room.
I've tried searching but only found mention that you might have to grind the D30 yokes, nothing on how much.
I've also seen mention that the D35 has the same spline count and is essentially the same as the D44/30 but uses a differnet seal dimension.

I just so happen to have a turD35 going to scrap (grabbed it for the rear discs) ....

... can i use that yoke to replace my current D30 or should I bust out the grinder?

I will eventually replace the yoke (or the whole axle if I can find the right one).

30 yokes are the same as 44 ones as you say, I'd grab a ubolt yoke off a 44 at the junkyard (look under fords iirc?) and use that.

Not sure what seal you'd use to put a 35 yoke onto a 30 - if you're lucky, the 35 and 30 share the same seal OD and only the ID is different.

Nope broke when I removed the front driveshaft to pull the t-case.

Got a used one from a buddy. That'll get me going.

Back