• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

TX where do ya'll wheel at?

bigjim350

NAXJA Forum User
Been trying for a while to get just 1 naxja guy to come down here and wheel with us. To this date none have. So I would like to know where and when some of you guys are gonna go wheeling pretty soon, so I can join You. Maybe after I wheel with yall I can convince some of yall to wheel with us Houston folks. So come on, this is your chance to show me what NAXJA is all about. How knows I may even join

if u would check the forum more often u would see we have ROM this weekend at hidden falls....look at the ROM thread ???????? most of us do NOT like mud also

if u would check the forum more often u would see we have ROM this weekend at hidden falls....look at the ROM thread ???????? most of us do NOT like mud also

Wow. You are gonna be a good chapter Prez. Because just like Obama would have done, you figured I was so ****ing stupid that I wouldn't notice the ROM thread. Good Job:patriot: Unfortunately you were wrong, I did notice it. However I will not be able to make that run. I certainly hope you are not saying that if I can't make the 2 official runs ya'll make a year, that there is no chance to wheel with a naxja member. That would be a little sad :( I simply posted the thread to see if anybody had any local to them runs they were gonna do, or just a couple naxja guys going to the bigger parks. Also I understand you don't like mud. I, though, am a wheeler. I dont care what the terrain is, as long as I get to wheel my Jeep. And if it is the "mud" keeping the local Houston naxja guys from wheeling, they are gonna be pretty bored. All we have is mud here. So Houston folks if your worried about the icky mud getting on your ride, please do your XJ a favor and sell it to somebody that will treat it right.

Once again, great job Mr. Prez
Have a nice day :sunshine:

were all web wheelers here :D

i wheel a local spot mostly, cant even afford to wheel most of the time

You don't break things web wheeling, and when you do you can usually fix it with a reboot! :yelclap:

Been trying for a while to get just 1 naxja guy to come down here and wheel with us. To this date none have. So I would like to know where and when some of you guys are gonna go wheeling pretty soon, so I can join You. Maybe after I wheel with yall I can convince some of yall to wheel with us Houston folks. So come on, this is your chance to show me what NAXJA is all about. How knows I may even join

Welcome to our(RRC) delema. You state "To this date none have". Well if I am wrong I have seen only 2-3 posts of you going for a ride and asking if we wanted to come. Compare that to how many have beeen posted and how many have shown up to events that where posted in the past its about right. Check out all our past get together threads and you will see a small amount of members actually show. And the same with the regular(not chapter) rides. We as a chapter are spread sooooo far apart from each other, the active wheelers that is, that it makes it hard to do real successful get togethers. All I can say is watch the board and if someone has a ride they are doing they will usually post it up and I know that the sticky is old (2009)but there are some ride spots listed there as well as far as legal spots to go wheeling.

Wow. You are gonna be a good chapter Prez. Because just like Obama would have done, you figured I was so ****ing stupid that I wouldn't notice the ROM thread. Good Job:patriot: Unfortunately you were wrong, I did notice it. However I will not be able to make that run. I certainly hope you are not saying that if I can't make the 2 official runs ya'll make a year, that there is no chance to wheel with a naxja member. That would be a little sad :( I simply posted the thread to see if anybody had any local to them runs they were gonna do, or just a couple naxja guys going to the bigger parks. Also I understand you don't like mud. I, though, am a wheeler. I dont care what the terrain is, as long as I get to wheel my Jeep. And if it is the "mud" keeping the local Houston naxja guys from wheeling, they are gonna be pretty bored. All we have is mud here. So Houston folks if your worried about the icky mud getting on your ride, please do your XJ a favor and sell it to somebody that will treat it right.

Once again, great job Mr. Prez
Have a nice day :sunshine:

To that. This just blows my mind........This may sound rude but its the only way I can say it but its not ment to be rude....Do you know what we as the bod stepped into at the start of the year. No I didn't think so. Rich (RMS692) has done more for our country(military) than that piece of crap in office will ever do so that is not a far comparison. No one said you were "****ing stupid" he told you to watch the board and that we have a ride coming up... Isn't that what you asked? And no we do not indicate anywhere that if you can not show at the 2 events we have a year(by the way we only have 1 official event a year at the moment, ROM) that you will not get to wheel with any NAXJA RRC member.

The Houston area though it wasn't the best use to have "The Creek" till the city took it over. I am from Houston so I understand the everything there is mud problem.

As far as treating our Jeeps right. So sorry if we like differant thing than some others. We all have our prefurred wheeling style that is a giving. Me I like the rocks and good scenic trails. Some, love the mud as you seem to, which is fine to. To each there own. We build our rigs to OUR own style of off road driving not someone elses so our usage is right for how WE like to wheel and how our Jeeps are set up.
We in Texas have a few options for wheeling locations that will please some and not please some. Its all up to the wheeler.

Personal question for you though---Do you also belong to "COR" out of Cypress, Texas. I am there also and your screen name looks familier.

Again I am not trying to start any thing here and the above written is my thoughts and or opinions. If it sounds rough and directed I am sorry it wasn't ment that way. If you have ANY questions I will be glad to help you in any way I can. Just shoot me a PM.

Last edited:
Is COR still around? Haven't heard about them in a long time.

Welcome to our(RRC) delema. You state "To this date none have". Well if I am wrong I have seen only 2-3 posts of you going for a ride and asking if we wanted to come. Compare that to how many have beeen posted and how many have shown up to events that where posted in the past its about right. Check out all our past get together threads and you will see a small amount of members actually show. And the same with the regular(not chapter) rides. We as a chapter are spread sooooo far apart from each other, the active wheelers that is, that it makes it hard to do real successful get togethers. All I can say is watch the board and if someone has a ride they are doing they will usually post it up and I know that the sticky is old (2009)but there are some ride spots listed there as well as far as legal spots to go wheeling.

To that. This just blows my mind........This may sound rude but its the only way I can say it but its not ment to be rude....Do you know what we as the bod stepped into at the start of the year. No I didn't think so. Rich (RMS692) has done more for our country(military) than that piece of crap in office will ever do so that is not a far comparison. No one said you were "****ing stupid" he told you to watch the board and that we have a ride coming up... Isn't that what you asked? And no we do not indicate anywhere that if you can not show at the 2 events we have a year(by the way we only have 1 official event a year at the moment, ROM) that you will not get to wheel with any NAXJA RRC member.

The Houston area though it wasn't the best use to have "The Creek" till the city took it over. I am from Houston so I understand the everything there is mud problem.

As far as treating our Jeeps right. So sorry if we like differant thing than some others. We all have our prefurred wheeling style that is a giving. Me I like the rocks and good scenic trails. Some, love the mud as you seem to, which is fine to. To each there own. We build our rigs to OUR own style of off road driving not someone elses so our usage is right for how WE like to wheel and how our Jeeps are set up.
We in Texas have a few options for wheeling locations that will please some and not please some. Its all up to the wheeler.

Personal question for you though---Do you also belong to "COR" out of Cypress, Texas. I am there also and your screen name looks familier.

Again I am not trying to start any thing here and the above written is my thoughts and or opinions. If it sounds rough and directed I am sorry it wasn't ment that way. If you have ANY questions I will be glad to help you in any way I can. Just shoot me a PM.

Actually that is a great response. I was a bit harsh and may have taken what he said the wrong way. I do apologize if that is the case. Yes I think I am registered at COR.

its just woods. no signs, no patrols no nuttin. just woods with lots of atv trails.

The land still has to belong to someone. Please do me/us a favor and find out who owns it and see if it is ok to be there. Just because there are atv trails already there doesn't mean it's legal. Just please check as we do not need more land owners mad at the off road community. Let us now what you find out befor you bring to many people over there. Not trying to be the sour puss here but if it doesn't have the consent of the land owner it is illegal and that's not what we(off road community) need for headlines with all that is going on right now.

Thank you
Jay

The land still has to belong to someone. Please do me/us a favor and find out who owns it and see if it is ok to be there. Just because there are atv trails already there doesn't mean it's legal. Just please check as we do not need more land owners mad at the off road community. Let us now what you find out befor you bring to many people over there. Not trying to be the sour puss here but if it doesn't have the consent of the land owner it is illegal and that's not what we(off road community) need for headlines with all that is going on right now.

Thank you
Jay

quoted for truth

Gents, NAXJA does not advocate illegal offroading, nor does it tolerate discussion of where to illegally go offroading.

You read my reply to that. And I understand NAXJA's point behind what you say, and I agree with not telling people where to wheel illigally. That is why I asked him to find out who owns it and ask them for permission. There was no discussion of where it was but in the brief area from the OP, which could have been edited out. My chapter knows not to list illegal wheeling spots up here, I asked him to find out if it is ok from the land owner befor he brings anyone else there. If it was ok(legal) then it could have been a new small mess around area. If we are not even able to ask people(online) to check on an area they frequint (befor asking permission) how are we to find out if it may be ok(legal) from the land owner.

My rule of thumb is.....Its better to ask and get denied then to not ask and be wrong.........

I posted my first reply from my phone so I couldn't edit his post or post mine till now

You read my reply to that. And I understand NAXJA's point behind what you say, and I agree with not telling people where to wheel illigally. That is why I asked him to find out who owns it and ask them for permission. There was no discussion of where it was but in the brief area from the OP, which could have been edited out. My chapter knows not to list illegal wheeling spots up here, I asked him to find out if it is ok from the land owner befor he brings anyone else there. If it was ok(legal) then it could have been a new small mess around area. If we are not even able to ask people(online) to check on an area they frequint (befor asking permission) how are we to find out if it may be ok(legal) from the land owner.

My rule of thumb is.....Its better to ask and get denied then to not ask and be wrong.........

I posted my first reply from my phone so I couldn't edit his post or post mine till now

Damn, great response agian.

Thanks for the invite and all.....but there's already kind of a chapter wide event planned for this weekend. Of course, that is hard to tell with the lackluster enthusiasm lately.

Back