• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

twisted off bolts on rear,upper shock mounts

wrecklaw71

NAXJA Forum User
couldn't get the bolts loose felt like they were gonna break so I took it to the shop "they have better tools than me " any way it didnt matter . All four bolts twisted off flush .We had our local welder "Skin" , come in and he welded some nuts on in another attempt to break them free didnt happen ended up welding studs on. But on the good side I got my Rancho RSX's on and a skyjacker steering stabilizer,and a 2.5 " flowmaster exhaust(rides good ,and sounds good a little quieter than I wanted but still has a good tone ) I have heard of others having this shock problem anyone else?

there are many ways listed on this forum on how to fix this problem .the best way i have heard is to take a chisel and a big hammer to the busted bolt. this will break the spot welds on the nut on top of the cross member.then just slip a new nut on top of the cross member.it's not easy getting the new nut in place but once done you don't have to worry abou tit again .

seen these yet?? www.detoursusa.com

stm_main.jpg

i'm getting the 1.5" STMs this week i'll post up how they are...

Those relocation brackets look really good , we allready welded studs on to mount the shocks, but this is good info for future mods thanx ...

Back